Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+3
Akira
lucarioman555
Nomaru
7 posters

SAO Skills

Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

SAO Skills Empty SAO Skills

Post by Nomaru Mon 9 Feb - 5:37

Do we have a list of the unique skills for SAO (i didn't see any on the team forums)?  If not, do you need me to come up with one?  We're going for 10, including dual-wielding, right?

Last edited by Nomaru on Tue 10 Mar - 18:11; edited 2 times in total
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

SAO Skills Empty Re: SAO Skills

Post by lucarioman555 Mon 9 Feb - 8:56

@Nomaru I Believe so yes but theses skills are suppose to remain a mystery to the public ( I think Question )
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Mon 9 Feb - 10:15

Yeah, we have a list i will upload it to the drive as soon as i can.
    Edit
    Never Mind i guess i allready uploaded them in the drive.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 9 Feb - 15:48

Oh, they're in there? Sorry then, my computer had to download most of the stuff in the SAO drive to show it, and I thought that I wouldn't need any of it because I'm not working with the programers. I'll take a closer look to that later.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Mon 9 Feb - 15:54

Yeah theres a lot to go through, and more is being added every few days
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Feb - 21:57

So I'm going to change this to a forum for general skill info. I got an idea for a dagger skill for SAO, or any other sword-skill-using game, called backstab. I think it would be perfect to solidify the dagger for use to assassin-type characters and give it some added strength in general combat as well (as i assume the dagger damage output would be relatively low). the skill is just a stab, does next to no damage, and has a crazy long cooldown time and freezing(?) time (idk what we're calling it, but the time after you use a skill before you can move again). However, if it hits the back of the opponent, then the damage gets a huge bonus, and the cooldown and freezing time get reduced to nothing. Assassin characters would have the perfect opening attack, and if they're good enough at hiding then they may be able to hit with two or three backstabs before the fight starts out again in the open. Highly skilled agility type characters could also use their speed to get behind an opponent in regular combat and execute the technique then, but they would have to be sure that the opponent won't turn around fast enough or they'll be left completely open. What do you guys think?
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 12 Feb - 9:30

Sounds like a solid skill. One thing i'm noticing about most people working in the skill department lol! have been focusing on players vs player skills... The main point of the game is to be fighting the bosses and monsters. yet i've heard nothing about 4 hit combo's ( Vertical Square ) Ect.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 12 Feb - 13:36

mine could be pvp and pve (sneak attacks work vs mobs, too), but I get what you're saying.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 12 Feb - 16:16

K my activity might take a sudden down turn my laptop just crapped out on me I'm currently trying to factory data reset... So far doesn't look to promising I'm staring at a nice light blue screennand a cmd prompt ....
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Wed 11 Mar - 17:43

maybe something like shield of justice?
    - blocks the next attack of a boss/mob  - 1min cd?
    provoking cape - causes mobs/bosses to focus on you for 20 seconds? - 5min cd

just a couple ideas for the tanks, will come up with more soon just let me know what u think
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 11 Mar - 18:01

Olek wrote:maybe something like shield of justice?
    - blocks the next attack of a boss/mob  - 1min cd?
    provoking cape - causes mobs/bosses to focus on you for 20 seconds? - 5min cd

just a couple ideas for the tanks, will come up with more soon just let me know what u think
    There are no skills like that. (sounds like Log Horzion skills) By unique skills it k=means something like dual blades using 2 swords, shuriken jutsu the right to use shurikens, Holy sword , creates a bright flash of light that blinds enimeies for a few seconds, nothing like magic.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 19:55

and there are hate-generating skills in the lore already, which can be used for tanks.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 29 Mar - 18:24

Okay, so I'm finally posting all of the skills.  I also put my ideas for specifics on the two Unique Skills given to us in the SAO lore (two options for each).  Since this takes up 3.5 pages in my notebook, I hope you guys can understand why I'd rather take pics of my notes than type everything out.  Now, these are notes for me, and I already know what I mean, so if you have any question about what I put or can't read anything please ask and I can type up just those parts.  Also, tell me if you think I should change anything.
    SAO Skills 20150311
    SAO Skills 20150312
    SAO Skills 20150313
    SAO Skills 20150314
    I'll probably start trying to work on new skills sometime soon.  Tell me what you guys think, and if you need any help reading it.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 31 Mar - 18:01

So I've got a couple ideas for skills we could add in SAO (I'm not working on this, so don't expect a lot more anytime soon, but these just came to me):

-Wallrunning: will alter gravity on the character as he runs at a wall, making it easier for him to get higher. Will only last a certain amount of time (infinite at max level). Increases by using it.

-Waterrunning: will allow a player to run on water for a limited amount of steps (infinite at max level). Step count increases if you're running vs walking (for example, at lvl 1 you get 3 steps if you're running vs. 1 if you're walking. n/a for max level, as both are infinite). If you actually want to dive into the water, it won't activate unless the soles of your shoes hit the water first, so just dive in. Unlocks at 500pts in sprint (of halfway through. we're using 1000 points max for our skills, right?). Increases by using it. before 250pts, you can only stand in one spot for a max of 1 sec, after 250 you can stand for an infinite duration.
    Shadrixt
    Shadrixt
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): None

Post by Shadrixt Wed 1 Apr - 1:18

Waterrunning/walk is a bit unrealistic... but if its going in then there can't be turning corners quickly, it wouldn't work.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 1 Apr - 6:02

well, wallrunning is in the anime (i agree about not turning corners, though). Waterrunning i was seeing maybe more as water jumping. You would land on the water, jump off, and land again (wasn't exactly sure how to put that down, though...). Maybe it shouldn't be tied to sprint, then, but it would be a higher level skill. maybe you get it off a quest on floor 75 or something?
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 1 Apr - 9:07

Water running is a big no for me. I think these skills need to stay somewhat realistic. I'll remind you guys real quick the hardest thing to model is water. If water is so hard to model how hard do you think it will be to make it feel like you just fell in to the water, a little too hard, am i right. i don't think the players should be able to enter the water.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Wed 1 Apr - 9:22

Nomaru wrote:So I've got a couple ideas for skills we could add in SAO (I'm not working on this, so don't expect a lot more anytime soon, but these just came to me):

-Wallrunning: will alter gravity on the character as he runs at a wall, making it easier for him to get higher.  Will only last a certain amount of time (infinite at max level).  Increases by using it.

-Waterrunning: will allow a player to run on water for a limited amount of steps (infinite at max level).  Step count increases if you're running vs walking (for example, at lvl 1 you get 3 steps if you're running vs. 1 if you're walking. n/a for max level, as both are infinite).  If you actually want to dive into the water, it won't activate unless the soles of your shoes hit the water first, so just dive in.  Unlocks at 500pts in sprint (of halfway through.  we're using 1000 points max for our skills, right?).  Increases by using it.  before 250pts, you can only stand in one spot for a max of 1 sec, after 250 you can stand for an infinite duration.  
    Wallrunning i could agree with but, waterrunning is to unrealistic
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 1 Apr - 9:25

yeah i forgot to mention that lol wall running sounds like a solid skill.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 23 Apr - 14:56

I think that dual weilding should be able to be used on weapons other than swords. If a weapon would take two hands to weild normally, than dual weilding would allow you to equip two of them. Or you could equip, like, a melee or a ranged weapon. So, for example, if I got duel weilding then I would equip tonfa and a boomerang, to give myself a ranged option in combat.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Thu 23 Apr - 15:06

well Duel wielding: you could wield any 1 handed weapon and another 1 handed weapon
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 23 Apr - 15:13

so it's limited to one hand weapons? okay, it'll probably make it easier to code XD. But, if you do that, then you should probably have a way where people could "trade" unique skills to someone else. That way, if someone (like me) gets dual weilding and doesn't have a use for it, they can turn it into a skill scroll either give it to a friend or sell it to the highest bidder. that way, everyone w/ a unique skill actually wants that skill.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Thu 23 Apr - 15:21

the only way for a unique skill to go the next person is for one to die, then it goes on to the next person, that meets the requirements
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 23 Apr - 15:36

but why sould it be that way? If I have dual weilding and I don't want it, wouldn't it make the game more interesting if I could give it to someone who really does want the skill? They never said in the anime that unique skills couldn't be transfered, and we saw in ALO that you are able to transfer certain skills (when Yuuki gave Asuna the "mother's rosario" technique), and both ALO and SAO use the same basic system.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Thu 23 Apr - 16:09

the only way yuki was able to transfer was because it was the original sword skill creation system and that wasnt in SAO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar - 12:52