Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+7
Shadrixt
Akira
GOD
HourlongFall
Nomaru
Neail
alphatheminer
11 posters

New Floor Idea

Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

New Floor Idea - Page 2 Empty Re: New Floor Idea

Post by Olek Wed 11 Mar - 15:38

Ohh i see so reverse gravity when fighting the boss? like it xD
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 15:40

I was thinking that gravity would be normal during the fight, then the ceiling would dissapear and directly after the fight, then gravity would reverse a couple of seconds after that so the players have time to notice the new floor above them. After that, anyone going into the boss room will hit reversed gravity, since you can't fight bosses a second time.
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Wed 11 Mar - 15:43

Hmm i reckon it could be random and unexpected like start fighting the boss then get the reverse gravity for lets say 10 sec? then 5 sec normal etc. I think it might be a bit more exciting but also it depends on the boss' skill level if he's really powerful the idea might be a bit harsh for the players which are a weaker than others. But overall i like the idea
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 15:49

Maybe we can use that for the reversal floor boss, but I think that we should stick to the "floor theme". Unless shifting gravity is something we do on the pre-reversal floor, then I think we should stick with that floor's theme up until the very end, then we reverse gravity and start the next floor's theme. It's kind of like how we won't have a floor based off of Valhalla and have the final boss be a mutated zombie, it just doesn't fit.
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Wed 11 Mar - 15:55

Ok i see. Just giving a little idea but it depends really xd
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 16:01

Nah, it's cool.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Wed 11 Mar - 16:25

instead of having the ceiling vanish, when they go to activate the teleporter for that level the gravity is in effect in that area.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 19:57

So, like, every time you teleport from the pre-reverse floor to the reverse floor, gravity will reverse and you'll fall to the teleport pad on the other side? Sounds good, though I still like the ceiling disapearing for the boss fight room.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 11 Mar - 20:05

we could do that, still, like have it setup like a camera, and have it show the land that would located above it.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 20:12

I'm confused, I think we're talking about different things. How about you say your idea and we go with that, lol.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 11 Mar - 20:28

Well the way shadrixt and i discussed it-1 floor below would be mostly land and would have a few lakes here and there and floor above would be mostly water, and would have islands in it here and there- in the exact spot the lakes where in on the previous floor and the stats on this would be opposite i.e big monster would swing faster then a smaller one. and the boss would be exact copy of the previous floors, and the color and stats would be reversed
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 20:47

I'm just talking about going from one floor to the other, I understand the basic concept of both floors.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 11 Mar - 21:11

ah ok, well both floors would remain like regular floors so nothing would change. unless u guys want the floor upside down?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 11 Mar - 21:37

I personally like the idea of an upside-down floor and falling between floors.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 12 Mar - 9:17

I think this whole reversal floor conversation is being made way to complicated. Floor A is the exact same as Floor B. Just opposite stats for mob's ect. New Floor Idea - Page 2 Upside10 Perhaps the players stats were altered : P
    Jay
    Jay
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): None

Post by Jay Thu 12 Mar - 9:48

I love the idea Very Happy It would be soooo sick Very Happy and when I was reading I was imagining that picture lucarioman put up xD I want this to happen so bad!
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 12 Mar - 12:24

So let's say the floor on the bottom is A and the floor on the top is B. Floor A Would seem to be a completely normal floor with a sky that is permanently cloudy everywhere. As soon as the Boss is defeated on that floor the sky clears up and you see floor B in the sky. ( Look At My Pic ) With clouds ect in between. I really like this idea for 2 floors it will also make it a little easier now we just need to come up with 98 floors instead : P
    Jay
    Jay
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Jay Thu 12 Mar - 20:54

Sounds great
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 12 Mar - 21:01

I still really want that gravity reversal to travel in-between them. I think it'll be awesome.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Fri 13 Mar - 8:22

It sounds like a cool idea. So instead of walking up the stairs when the boss is defeated those players get the congratulations message then start floating then they go up flip around and are moved back to the "start" of the floor. (Warp gate i think) Then you just use the warp gate from their on because i don't wanna go through a dungeon every-time i wanna go up a floor.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Fri 13 Mar - 9:55

I like the idea.
    Jay
    Jay
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Jay Fri 13 Mar - 12:07

Yea That sounds great Very Happy
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 13 Mar - 14:52

So Akira asked me to come up with some concepts for floors 12-20. I did 12-21 because I had an idea I really liked Razz, so tell me what you think.

Floor 12: This one will be a cave, all underground passageways. The dungeon will be themed kind of like the Dwemer in skyrim, steampunk but in a way that fits underground.

Floor 13: Well, since it's 13 (the stereotypical "horror" number), I was thinking that it could be filled with everything stereotypically "horror", stuff like graveyards, abandoned houses, zombies, foggy forests, etc. Pretty much what first comes to mind when someone tells you about horror all put in one place.

Floor 14: This floor is set in a forest with huge trees. In the branches, there will be "treehouse villages", kinda like the ones the Ewoks have in Star Wars, which are all interconnected. Most of the villages will be hostile. If you fall out of the trees, there will be ladders under every "city", but under the trees will also be huge, high level mobs (I'm thinking we level them so that they would fit on floor 17 or 18). There will be a bunch of treasure chests hidden on the floor, as well as the dungeon entrance, though.

Floor 15: This one will be set on a giant volcano (one that takes up the entire map) with the dungeon being inside it, and the boss fight being set right in the center, on a platform above the pool of lava.

Floor 16: This one will be a desert with several "grand canyon" style mountains.

Floor 17: This one will have the entire floor be one town, but have the town be really "shady" (think Dunwall from dishonored or Riften from Skyrim). Most of the floor will be in the "bad" parts of town, where you're constantly in danger of being attacked by thugs.

Floor 18: This floor will be themed like Caribbean pirates. There will be a bunch of islands with ships regularly traveling between them. Those ships all have a chance of being attacked by pirates, but if you take down a pirate crew than you can use their ship to sail the ocean. Several of the islands will also be pirate bases.

Floor 19: This floor will be a Dracula-esk castle. I can't decide if I want it to be vampire themed, dark wizard themed, or dark knight themed, though.

Floor 20: The bottom of this floor will be a bunch of plains and small hills, with most of the enemies having the ability to fly (harpies, giant eagles, etc.). The dungeon, however, will take place on floating platforms above the floor, where you have to jump from platform to platform to get across. More difficult sections will have a switch to operate a bridge to allow strength builds to walk across after the agilities make it through.

Floor 21: This one will be set in an Aztec jungle, and have a "treasure hunter" kind of feel.

Future Floors:
    Obviously, we want the floors to slowly grow more and more epic as we get higher and higher. I had a couple of ideas that I think would fit better on those higher floors, so I'm going to put those here.

Space (the entire floor has no gravity, and only floating platforms or debris are there to jump across. There will be oxygen, though Razz)

Heaven and Hell (different floors, but probably one after another with hell first)

Valhalla (think like Thor's homeworld in the movies) (I know this is similar to the last one, but I was thinking that, once we get high enough, most of our floors should be based on mythological planes of existence)

"Shadow" world (this one's kind of hard to explain, but basically all of the mobs will be based off of players. We will base the Mobs off of the high level players (make them equal in stats, similar in combat tactics, look exactly the same, etc.) Also, idk if this is too much work, but I think it would be really cool to have every player fight their own "shadow" when they make it to the floor, maybe a random time within the first two hours they're up there. The shadow can initiate an duel with the player, so it's just one-on-one)

Sorry for the long post. I've done a lot of work over the past week, but haven't had much time to upload it. All of this was done yesterday. There'll be a couple of other long posts when I find the time (one on the BoT storyline and one on skills for SAO), but now I should probably do a couple projects, lol.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Fri 13 Mar - 15:02

I really think all of this could work. The only thing i'll say is about floor 19. I think you should use either dark knights or vampires
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 13 Mar - 15:28

Love it, and for 19 i would go with vampires. and for floor 14- maybe something other then trees- as floor 3 and floor 8 are both woods themed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar - 12:43