Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

3 posters

B.o.T News

Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

B.o.T News Empty B.o.T News

Post by Akira Thu 26 Feb - 12:35

Boltz of Time has a Steampunkish type of feel that goes into time traveling and split realities. A young warrior whose Kenjo that is close to Oda Nobunaga( real history here folks) has been sent out to bring back info on a strange anomaly. The player must choose his warriors to go discover this anomaly in the forbidden forest of which none owns. A rip in the fabric of space appears in a strange dead area of where no life has grown. Kenjo goes closer and closer to it with the group of warriors that have traveled with him. Suddenly he and his warriors are pulled into the rip. Shortly after, they appear in a densely populated city in Japan known as Tokyo. Brought with them are samurai swords and basic survival tools to survive. But with there departure into another time period, brought strange things with them.-Argonous

This is will contain news of B.o.T
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

B.o.T News Empty Re: B.o.T News

Post by Nomaru Fri 13 Mar - 18:27

Hey guys.  So I'm the one in Argus doing a lot of the starting lore and storyboarding for BoT and I have an update on the general theme of the game.  This will be an action game with options for first and third person play.  The first person play will be based on what I'm calling "dynamic 1st person".  Most first person games have views designed to show as much of the things a player needs to know as possible using the basic vision.  Think to how swords are held in first person in Skyrim.  That's now how a sword would be held in real life, or how they're held in third person combat in Skyrim.  Dynamic first person would be designed to put the vision of the character as close to the way it would be in real life as possible.  Think how the camera was done in Mirror's Edge, and then apply that to an action game, and you'll get something close to what we'll be doing.

The story will also change a little bit from what's been presented in the first post (okay, a lot from the first post, lol).  This is the intro storyline that we're going with as of now.  Kenjo is a well respected general in feudal Japan, one of the best.  One day, in a time of peace, his Daimyo sends him off to kill several bandits attacking a trade route within his territory.  Kenjo and his soldiers deal with the bandit problem fairly easily, though almost immediately after a huge tear in space-time appears.  One soldier is about to be sucked into the rift, but then is rescued by Kenjo's right hand man (who has yet to be named).  Then, the right hand man (a close friend of Kenjo's) starts being sucked into the portal instead of the soldier he saved.  Kenjo, attempting to help his friend, get's pulled in, too.  They slowly get up, fully garbed and armed samurai, in the middle of an experimental lab in the steampunk city of Neo-Tokyo (we'll probably change this name, but that's what we're calling it for now).  And that concludes the storyline behind the game's basic tutorial.

Also, just one point for clarification.  This title will not be made for the VR.  We will create it and sell it on Steam Greenlight in order to help fund our other games.  Though, don't worry, that doesn't mean we're holding back here.  Just look forward to the game and get ready for us to show you what we can do Cool
    alpha-beta-gamma
    alpha-beta-gamma
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by alpha-beta-gamma Sun 15 Mar - 18:44

i like the premise very much.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru Thu 7 May - 15:41

Hey, guys, I have an update for BoT.  I've finished making the basic storyline as well as a general outline for the combat system and upgrades (By the way, Kenjo's friend is named Tomo.  Two other main characters will also be introduced throughout the storyline, a scientist named Yuki and a soldier named Sakura).  No, I'm not going to post the storyline here, you'll just have to find that one out when you play the game XD.  The upgrade system will be based on skill trees from MMO's, but smaller and with each tier having major effects on how you use the weapon and/or how effective it is.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar - 17:38