Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+7
alpha-beta-gamma
tywalk98
JustStyl
TheFieryQuan
Morpheus
HourlongFall
Nomaru
11 posters

Strength vs. Agility: Boss Fights

Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Strength vs. Agility:  Boss Fights Empty Strength vs. Agility: Boss Fights

Post by Nomaru Sun 1 Feb - 8:54

I got thinking about the strength vs. agility system you guys are using for SAO. I think that, in a boss fight, high strength users would be better than high agility users. This is mainly because the bosses have so much HP that the damage from strength would be the only reasonable way to take the boss's HP down. I was thinking that you could add a weak point somewhere on the boss that is really hard to get to. If a player gets there (most likely an agility player, because wherever it is is hard to get to) they can inflict massive damage without a high strength stat. They need to keep on their toes, though, because every boss will have a couple of really powerful attacks that target the area around their weak point. These would require an agility player's speed and reaction time to dodge, something appropriate for a character of that type. This would make boss fights a bit more balanced between character builds. What do you guys think?
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Strength vs. Agility:  Boss Fights Empty Re: Strength vs. Agility: Boss Fights

Post by HourlongFall Sun 1 Feb - 9:19

But if you have a high agility and a resonable amount of  strength wouldn't that be optimal. And you would be able to both attack the weakspot and inflict alot of damage
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 1 Feb - 9:42

But then you wouldn't be able to dodge the counter-attack. I'm thinking that would be something nearly impossible to get around.
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sun 1 Feb - 9:51

I think if there will be something like a weak spot then only players with at least 90% points spent at agility should be able to reach it.
    What do you think?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 1 Feb - 12:31

I'd say 90% for it to be easily reachable (like just straight up jump to it) It would be personal skill if you could reach it with less (like dragon's dogma climbing up the side of the boss or something)
    TheFieryQuan
    TheFieryQuan
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by TheFieryQuan Fri 13 Feb - 16:15

When we talk about the weak spot, how weak will the spot be? Will it take like 30%, 50% 70% HP or how op will it be, if it's really hard to hit then I think the bonus damage shoud be pretty high Very Happy
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sat 14 Feb - 4:34

TheFieryQuan wrote:When we talk about the weak spot, how weak will the spot be? Will it take like 30%, 50% 70% HP or how op will it be, if it's really hard to hit then I think the bonus damage shoud be pretty high Very Happy

I think it should be something like a critical hit.. just a bit more critical. If you can land a critical hit then your damage will be doubled or even tripled idk and if you hit the weak spot your damage should be around 10 to 15 times greater than normal.
    TheFieryQuan
    TheFieryQuan
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by TheFieryQuan Sat 14 Feb - 8:21

Yeah that would seem like a good amount if it will be so hard to hit it.
    JustStyl
    JustStyl
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by JustStyl Sun 15 Feb - 10:26

It definitely should be way stronger then a normal 'strength' attack otherwise it would be useless.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 16 Feb - 17:51

Or equal to a high strength attack.  This would be the way an agility player could deal damage, a job usually reserved for strength.  Though an argument could be made for both.

Edit--actually, stronger would probably be better, given how difficult it would be to get into position and how hard it would be to stay there.
    tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Strength vs. Agility:  Boss Fights Empty Strength vs. Agility Kirito

Post by tywalk98 Sat 4 Apr - 2:45

Unless you're like Kirito, in which case you will be badass and have both strength and agility.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sat 4 Apr - 3:07

tywalk98 wrote:Unless you're like Kirito, in which case you will be badass and have both strength and agility.
    He was actually mainly strength last time i checked
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sat 4 Apr - 3:37

HourlongFall wrote:
    tywalk98 wrote:Unless you're like Kirito, in which case you will be badass and have both strength and agility.

Yep he was or still is a strength character.
    tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by tywalk98 Sat 4 Apr - 4:27

TheBlackisBack wrote:
    HourlongFall wrote:

But in SAO he got the dual wielding skill, which we found out later only could have gone to the fastest player in SAO. His speed is only matched by Yuuki, who has the Mother's Roasria sword skill. (11 hit combo) Kirito couldn't handle this skill at first, so he lost against Yukki, but when he and Yukki dueled he was almost able to keep up with Yukki, and if given more time he would have won. I agree he is a strength character, but he also is the fastest character in SAO, ALO, and GGO with the exception of Yukki.
    alpha-beta-gamma
    alpha-beta-gamma
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by alpha-beta-gamma Sat 4 Apr - 6:02

hows that possible? that part never made sense to me.

i actually thought he was more agility than he was strength because of his speed. cause to be honest his strength was never really shown.

actually now that i think about it he did pull out king fish thing.
    S4OWayland
    S4OWayland
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by S4OWayland Sat 4 Apr - 7:40

tywalk98 wrote:
    TheBlackisBack wrote:
    HourlongFall wrote:

But in SAO he got the dual wielding skill, which we found out later only could have gone to the fastest player in SAO. His speed is only matched by Yuuki, who has the Mother's Roasria sword skill. (11 hit combo) Kirito couldn't handle this skill at first, so he lost against Yukki, but when he and Yukki dueled he was almost able to keep up with Yukki, and if given more time he would have won. I agree he is a strength character, but he also is the fastest character in SAO, ALO, and GGO with the exception of Yukki.

thats wrong because the dual wielding skill goes to the fastest reaction speed not the fastest player.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 7:55

Yeah. Kirito's fast, but he's still a strength build with a side of Agility. Asuna's much faster than he is. I think he's probably like 60% strength 40% agility, or 70% strength 30% agility, something like that.
    Argonus
    Argonus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Argonus Sat 4 Apr - 9:47

Running fast irl is also based on how many steps you can take and process information around you in a matter of nano seconds. So your agility will also be dependent on how many steps you can take and how fast you can run irl also. So Asuna could just be a fast natural runner in the real world while Kirito is more of a slower one.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 9:51

Well, it's also based on how fast your body is physically capable of moving, which increases with agility. Plus, her Sword Skills were blindingly fast, which would be affected by Agility, too. irl skill helps, but there's no way that's the only factor in-between Kirito and Asuna. Plus, since the anime said that Kirito's a strength-agility hybrid and he prefers heavy swords, it's a pretty likely assumption that a smaller, lighter weapon user like Asuna would go mostly agility.
    Silmiss
    Silmiss
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss Sat 4 Apr - 12:31

The reason Kirito got Dual Wielding isn't because HE had the fastest reaction time, he had the 2ND fastest. The one who did was dual wielding battleaxes, and was one of the bandits who attacked him to try to get the flower.

Either that or the dual wielding bandit was just an error, and the real dual-wielder died, and since Kirito is the 2nd fastest (Or who knows, maybe TONS of dual wielders died) he got it as it "randomly appeared" in his skills.
    tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by tywalk98 Sat 4 Apr - 15:20

alpha-beta-gamma wrote:hows that possible? that part never made sense to me.

i actually thought he was more agility than he was strength because of his speed. cause to be honest his strength was never really shown.

actually now that i think about it he did pull out king fish thing.

Technically that would incorporate the fishing skill, not strength. And he never pulled out the giant fish. The line broke (due to Kirito's low fishing skill) and the fish jumped out of the water to be killed by Asuna.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 15:23

Well kiritos strength was up their- Elucidator weighted 170 lbs.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 15:35

and he mentions in GGO that his two best skills are 1-strength then 2-agility. He's fast, which makes me think he's a hybrid, but Strength is his top skill.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 15:37

yeah i would have to agree on that hes fast and hes a hybrid.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sat 4 Apr - 17:45

The novel also states somewhere in Vol. 1 that he is mainly going strength

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr - 20:25