Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+3
Masterguy
Nomaru
Morpheus
7 posters

idea if too much hardware for one helmet

Poll

Good idea?

[ 7 ]
    idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_left58%idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_right [58%] 
    [ 2 ]
    idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_left17%idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_left25%idea if too much hardware for one helmet Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

idea if too much hardware for one helmet Empty idea if too much hardware for one helmet

Post by Morpheus Mon 2 Feb - 8:39

If the nerve gear would be too big with all this high end hardware then you could just reduce the hardware in the helmet and put it in a box (maybe as big as a playstation?)
    The box and the helmet would be connected with a cable.. you can't move so the cable wouldn't cause any problems and the box is not too big either so you could just place it in the bed beside you^^
    Tell me what you think about it and please remember that it's just an idea Very Happy
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

idea if too much hardware for one helmet Empty Re: idea if too much hardware for one helmet

Post by Nomaru Mon 2 Feb - 13:50

I think it's a good idea. The anime NerveGear was tethered to a computer, anyway.
    Masterguy
    Masterguy
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

idea if too much hardware for one helmet Empty Re: idea if too much hardware for one helmet

Post by Masterguy Mon 2 Feb - 14:57

Yea, you need a good computer to handle the processing. By the time the game comes we'll probably need a high end PC
    Akira, any recommendations as of now?
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Mon 2 Feb - 15:08

right now i do all my modeling- on my duel core- but when i have something huge to model such as floors- use my desktop that is a quad core- clocked at 3.48 ghz(8 years old) - so if u have something about that speed and 4gs or more of ram u should be good.
    Masterguy
    Masterguy
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Masterguy Mon 2 Feb - 15:10

Have you thought about cloud gaming? I mean I think the amusphere used cloud computing because by that time quantam computers, that is, the 6th generation of computers was out, or are you guys focusing on just this, using a computer connected to the nerve gear, also that does mean there's gonna be an application and a computer download for word art online right?
    Silmiss
    Silmiss
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss Tue 3 Feb - 6:56

Instead of 4gb, you should get 8gb ram. It'll speed up modeling and make less laggy videos Wink

The bare minimum to handle SAO should be 16-32 GB. I'd say by 2020 most of us would have 32-64gb ram anyway.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Draugole
    Draugole
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Draugole Tue 3 Feb - 8:17

Vaereir wrote:
    Silmiss wrote:Instead of 4gb, you should get 8gb ram. It'll speed up modeling and make less laggy videos Wink

The bare minimum to handle SAO should be 16-32 GB. I'd say by 2020 most of us would have 32-64gb ram anyway.
    I actually wished to question that. Would the graphics rely on your computer, or would the NervGear  have the same graphics for every one.

If they relies on the computer, how does that work.

If it relies on the NervGear, how does that work.

Also how will the connection work on there.
    Well diamond processors are invented so imagine if that technology would be put to graphic cards. It would fit in the nervegear

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr - 9:45