Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

3 posters

_Distopia_

Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

_Distopia_ Empty _Distopia_

Post by Nomaru Wed 21 Oct - 21:00

Distopia is a game that Izanagi's been working on for a while now, and is my personal favorite of the games that're our own intellectual property (a possible second only to Alfheim, because catgirls :3).  The basic premise is an alternate future where a failed scientific experiment releases something called the "Kami no Ryuushi", or "God Particle".  When coming into contact with that particle, certain humans will develop superpowers, turning into a being the world now calls Kami.  These Kami decided that they wanted to rule the world, so they started killing off all normal humans (as you can see, we don't take this story all that seriously Razz).  Naturally against this, the humans decided to fight against the Kami, designing several different mech suits to give regular humans that kind of strength.  The mech suits are about the size of an SAO boss, not human sized but not too big as to make fighting humans difficult.

The game itself is what I'm considering a fighting game redesigned for fulldive, with a bit of an Izanagi Games twist on it.  Instead of traditional fighting game characters, you'll have the option to chose a "class" of fighter (a type of Kami or a type of mech robot) that each have different strengths and weaknesses.  From there, you'll design your own character MMORPG style, as well as chose between a large set of possible abilities and weapons for your character to personalize him/her to your fighting style.  Mech users can have different paint designs for their mech, as well as some variation on parts, but won't be able to change things like the pilot's clothes (since you'll be in a military uniform).  The stages will be 3d, fairly large, and 100% destructable (think the solo stages from GGO's BOB Tournament, but set in this game's world), and battles will be highly mobile (all characters will have access to utility powers on top of their basic offensive powers, such as grapple guns and levitation spells, to make traveling around the 3 dimensional battlefields easier).  

Even though the game has the Kami vs. Mech premise in its lore, you can have any combination character class fight any other character class in-game, just like regular fighting games let you pick which characters to fight against each other (even if they're technically friends in the fighter's lore).  The game will have the genre staples of ranked and unranked solo matches, but will also include ranked and unranked team matches (most likely 3v3 and 5v5, but that's all based on our playtesting of the game and what team sizes make for fun, competitive team battles), and something we're calling a "Battle Arena" where we put a huge number of players (probably like 100 or so) into a larger than normal map and have them try to kill the opposing team.  The Battle Arenas are really going to be just for the fun hecticness of such huge battles, so you can join or leave a match at any time as well as respawn whenever you are killed, and the only way to know whose winning is to look at the kill count for the two teams.  There will almost certainly be more game modes than that, but that's all we're certain we want to include atm.

Anyway, expect more updates on the game's lore and gameplay in the coming weeks, as well as specific information on classes of Kami and Mechs for you to chose from.  Until then, you guys can post questions and stuff and I'll try and answer them the best I can (unless I'm saving that info for a future update, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!)

Note: The actual name for the game doesn't have the underscores, that's just because the forum won't let me post this thread if it doesn't have 10 characters, so I gave it 10 characters lol.  Also, all of this information is subject to change (this all started out as a kind of Tokyo Ghoul inspired MMO Battle Arena, where players would just fight anyone they saw with superpowers, lol).
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

_Distopia_ Empty Re: _Distopia_

Post by Nomaru Wed 21 Oct - 21:01

Also, sorry for this being in a weird place, I have no clue why it's here and not with the other games... Akira, help!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Wed 21 Oct - 21:16

Nomaru wrote:Also, sorry for this being in a weird place, I have no clue why it's here and not with the other games...  Akira, help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their all fixed Very Happy cheers (I will create the Talk section for this tomorrow
    Silmiss
    Silmiss
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss Thu 22 Oct - 16:56

The mechs themselves sound like they'll be hard to control. How will you control them?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 22 Oct - 17:02

Silmiss wrote:The mechs themselves sound like they'll be hard to control. How will you control them?
    If you've ever seen pacific rim, pretty much like that, except with one person instead of two. Mechs will be controlled by moving your body where you want it to go, and special weapons or powers will either be activated mentally or through buttons inside the mech. One mech will have a different control scheme, but that's just based on the design of that specific mech type (I'll explain more about it when I release that specific mech)
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 28 Oct - 10:27

Hey guys, Distopia update time Razz

This one is about the Kami.  Each Kami type (class?  Huh, I should probably think of what to call those, lol) is based on a source of energy.  This power source is different for every Kami, and equip-able skills and powers are all going to be based on this one power source.

This update is for the Divine Kami.  As the name implies, all of his/her abilities are based on different divine myths.  It works by him/her summoning different weapons and items from those myths.  A couple examples are Zeus's thunderbolt, Death's scythe, the Holy Grail, etc.  They will almost all be weapons that the player can wield normally (except for stuff like the Holy Grail), but each weapon will also have a super technique (think Nobel Phantasms from the fate series) that can be exicuted as well.  Currently, we don't have a meter or anything limiting your use of these abilities, but if they become op/spamable during playtesting then we'll definitely add one.  The Divine Kami's also got naturally enhanced strength, speed, endurance, etc., all at a balanced level compared to the other Kami/Mechs.

Since this is our lovely first preview, I'm also going to explain how the health system works. All characters have some kind of defensive force field that will protect them from damage while it lasts. For example, the Divine Kami has divine protection that'll stop all attacks before they reach him/her. While the protection is active, all attacks will be "blunted", meaning that you can't actually cut through the person. Most powerful attacks will end up launching your opponent through the environment because of this. This protection also serves as a makeshift health bar, as it'll decrease with every attack that hits you. After you're protection is gone, then you'll have to be killed the normal way (being stabbed through the heart, shot in the face, etc.). In this state, you can actually be cut, so be careful not to lose a limb or something Razz. The game will have no pain while you have your protection active, but after the protection gets destroyed you will feel some pain (not lifelike, of course, but the modded pain you'd expect from a VR game).

Anyway, that's all for today. Look forward to next week, when I tell you guys about...something... I haven't decided yet Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content