Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

4 posters

more pc games?

Bennon
    Bennon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

more pc games? Empty more pc games?

Post by Bennon Fri 30 Oct - 14:25

(idk were to put this please move this topic if its on the wrong place)
    well I understand that you want as many games for the vr and not for pc but I think you might want some more games (other than just B.o.T) for pc so you can start making some money since if you can making more money then you can start making stuff better and such but this is just my idea (also I would like to play some of your games since its a while till vr) like you could make a simple game that's fun to play and wouldn't take long to make
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

more pc games? Empty Re: more pc games?

Post by Akira Fri 30 Oct - 14:29

Bennon wrote:(idk were to put this please move this topic if its on the wrong place)
    well I understand that you want as many games for the vr and not for pc but I think you might want some more games (other than just B.o.T) for pc so you can start making some money since if you can making more money then you can start making stuff better and such but this is just my idea (also I would like to play some of your games since its a while till vr) like you could make a simple game that's fun to play and wouldn't take long to make

We are thinking the same thing atm, and we are deciding if its something we should really do because we dont want to release half baked products ever that and if we have the time to do it.
    Bennon
    Bennon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon Fri 30 Oct - 14:33

Akira_ wrote:
    Bennon wrote:(idk were to put this please move this topic if its on the wrong place)

We are thinking the same thing atm, and we are deciding if its something we should really do because we dont want to release half baked products ever.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 2d side scrolling games from you guys (as if lol) I mean some games I love are simple (ok maybe not simple but are 2d) like FTL (faster than light) thats a really fun 2d game (but ugh it makes me mad so friggen hard) or the binding of isaac a 2d room scrolling game that's based off the legend of zelda (I believe you guys could make a game as fun as those)
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 30 Oct - 14:58

Bennon wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

We are thinking the same thing atm, and we are deciding if its something we should really do because we dont want to release half baked products ever.

I wouldn't mind seeing some 2d side scrolling games from you guys (as if lol) I mean some games I love are simple (ok maybe not simple but are 2d) like FTL (faster than light) thats a really fun 2d game (but ugh it makes me mad so friggen hard) or the binding of isaac a 2d room scrolling game that's based off the legend of zelda (I believe you guys could make a game as fun as those)
    Those games may look simple, but a lot of work was put into them to make them what they are. Sure we could make a bunch of random side scrollers to just farm you guys out of as much money as we can without any quality behind them, but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do. We could focus our time making more PC games than BoT, but that would also lead to likely delays in the development of the Vanguard and our games for it, leading to a later release date for our VR games. U see the problems, lol. Anyway, that's the kind of thing that we're discussing now in team forums, so we should have a solid plan set sometime soon.
    Bennon
    Bennon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon Fri 30 Oct - 15:03

Nomaru wrote:
    Bennon wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

Those games may look simple, but a lot of work was put into them to make them what they are.  Sure we could make a bunch of random side scrollers to just farm you guys out of as much money as we can without any quality behind them, but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  We could focus our time making more PC games than BoT, but that would also lead to likely delays in the development of the Vanguard and our games for it, leading to a later release date for our VR games.  U see the problems, lol.  Anyway, that's the kind of thing that we're discussing now in team forums, so we should have a solid plan set sometime soon.

(yeah I understand a lot of work went into them but it was really quick compared to a 3d game) (also I don't mean to make a bunch at one time so you have time for other stuff) but I mean just make like one at first and see how it goes and if people like it you could then make a different game to make some more money our make dlc for the one you already have both ways you can get more money for making you bigger games (I would buy the games if you made them)
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 30 Oct - 15:08

Bennon wrote:
    Nomaru wrote:
    Bennon wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

Those games may look simple, but a lot of work was put into them to make them what they are.  Sure we could make a bunch of random side scrollers to just farm you guys out of as much money as we can without any quality behind them, but that doesn't seem like the right thing to do.  We could focus our time making more PC games than BoT, but that would also lead to likely delays in the development of the Vanguard and our games for it, leading to a later release date for our VR games.  U see the problems, lol.  Anyway, that's the kind of thing that we're discussing now in team forums, so we should have a solid plan set sometime soon.

(yeah I understand a lot of work went into them but it was really quick compared to a 3d game) (also I don't mean to make a bunch at one time so you have time for other stuff) but I mean just make like one at first and see how it goes and if people like it you could then make a different game to make some more money our make dlc for the one you already have both ways you can get more money for making you bigger games (I would buy the games if you made them)
    True, but the more games we make for the PC, no matter how simple they are, the later we'll have to release our other games. I mean, even if we make something like Pong, that's still a couple of hours we could have spent working on a fulldive game. You have a point, but it still requires a careful cost-benefit analysis to see if it's worth our time or not.
    Bennon
    Bennon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Bennon Fri 30 Oct - 15:11

Nomaru wrote:
    Bennon wrote:
    Nomaru wrote:
    Bennon wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

True, but the more games we make for the PC, no matter how simple they are, the later we'll have to release our other games.  I mean, even if we make something like Pong, that's still a couple of hours we could have spent working on a fulldive game.  You have a point, but it still requires a careful cost-benefit analysis to see if it's worth our time or not.

Yes but then if the smaller games you make are successful then you guys might be able to start hiring people to help make games (that would be nice having people working full time on the games it would make them be made a lot faster)
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 30 Oct - 19:59

But the same could be said if our fulldive games were successful, and we would be able to get some of those out just as fast

Don't worry, man. Pretty much everything you've said here we've thought of and are talking about. We're leaning towards less PC games for the reasons I've mentioned, but that's mainly so you guys can play in VR as soon as possible
    Sammy
    Sammy
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Sammy Fri 30 Oct - 20:15

Can I make a conclusion that you guys didn't want to make a simple 2D games because it cannot be in VR version. ( Is it right ? Correct me I wrong )
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 30 Oct - 20:24

Asami Sammiya wrote:Can I make a conclusion that you guys didn't want to make a simple 2D games because it cannot be in VR version. ( Is it right ? Correct me I wrong )

we at IG- dont do this

say Botz is a pc game- it has a 90% chance of never becoming a fd vr game just because we all ready made that world.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 30 Oct - 21:09

Akira_ wrote:
    Asami Sammiya wrote:Can I make a conclusion that you guys didn't want to make a simple 2D games because it cannot be in VR version. ( Is it right ? Correct me I wrong )

we at IG- dont do this

say Botz is a pc game- it has a 90% chance of never becoming a fd vr game just because we all ready made that world.
    yeah. It's not that we have anything against 2d games, we just don't really feel motivated to make one. A lot of creative work like we do comes from finding some motivation for an Idea that you want to spread out. That's why a lot of movie games suck (besides the tight schedules and big company looking over the developer's shoulders 24/7), because a developer is told "make this" rather than finding something that they want to make.

It's also true that we want to focus on FD games (me personally because I think they'd be really fun to play) and it's hard to transition a 2D game into fulldive, but the reason BoT isn't 2D isn't because we dislike making 2D games, rather that we saw envisioned the game as 3D when we came up with the idea. that's just how we saw it, so that's what we're working to make.

Sorry for the long-winded explaination, lol, I just finished watching a lot of youtube videos analyzing different stuff about game development Razz
    Sammy
    Sammy
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Sammy Tue 10 Nov - 5:22

Nomaru wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

we at IG- dont do this

yeah.  It's not that we have anything against 2d games, we just don't really feel motivated to make one.  A lot of creative work like we do comes from finding some motivation for an Idea that you want to spread out.  That's why a lot of movie games suck (besides the tight schedules and big company looking over the developer's shoulders 24/7), because a developer is told "make this" rather than finding something that they want to make.

It's also true that we want to focus on FD games (me personally because I think they'd be really fun to play) and it's hard to transition a 2D game into fulldive, but the reason BoT isn't 2D isn't because we dislike making 2D games, rather that we saw envisioned the game as 3D when we came up with the idea.  that's just how we saw it, so that's what we're working to make.

Sorry for the long-winded explaination, lol, I just finished watching a lot of youtube videos analyzing different stuff about game development Razz
    Oh! Sorry I didn't to mean it. I really sorry for ask that. Sad
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 10 Nov - 7:49

Asami Sammiya wrote:
    Nomaru wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:

we at IG- dont do this

yeah.  It's not that we have anything against 2d games, we just don't really feel motivated to make one.  A lot of creative work like we do comes from finding some motivation for an Idea that you want to spread out.  That's why a lot of movie games suck (besides the tight schedules and big company looking over the developer's shoulders 24/7), because a developer is told "make this" rather than finding something that they want to make.

It's also true that we want to focus on FD games (me personally because I think they'd be really fun to play) and it's hard to transition a 2D game into fulldive, but the reason BoT isn't 2D isn't because we dislike making 2D games, rather that we saw envisioned the game as 3D when we came up with the idea.  that's just how we saw it, so that's what we're working to make.

Oh! Sorry I didn't to mean it. I really sorry for ask that. Sad
    Don't worry, it's no problem at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May - 17:31