Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+12
Kyoya
Kryptonate
lyeadon
bomberwow
Nomaru
Leriko
Draugole
YunaElaine
IsumiKun
Jabronski
Akira
Sterben
16 posters

Full Dive Update

Sterben
    Sterben
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): None

Full Dive Update Empty Full Dive Update

Post by Sterben Sun 27 Dec - 12:17

I may have missed it on the forums but. Could you provide a status update on any progress you have made on your full dive system? Possible functions working right now? Goals you are working towards in lets say the next 6 months, etc. Thanks

See ya around,

Sterben
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Full Dive Update Empty Re: Full Dive Update

Post by Akira Sun 27 Dec - 14:43

well not much- except for- the paralyzing function is working- at least to an extent, the temporary vision system works (when i say temp i mean cheap and temporary XD) oh and the hearing system works perfectly Smile but otherwise thats about it- other then being able to start selecting voices for Boltz- and having all 3 game names for nova done-
    Nova- Nova the Dark Ages and Nova Legends- we even have how the lore/story links up for them and we have some languages id say about 60% complete as well as a good portion of the lore for all the races and Gods. We have also officially started to be able tp code the engine again-well that was able to be done at the beginning of December
    Jabronski
    Jabronski
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Jabronski Thu 21 Jan - 9:17

Btw Akira, will you be able to transfer the same character through multiple games like in SAO/ALO/GGO?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 21 Jan - 10:20

Jabronski wrote:Btw Akira, will you be able to transfer the same character through multiple games like in SAO/ALO/GGO?
    That's a goal for us, at least in the MMO's we make. idk if we'll do it for SP games
    Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko Fri 22 Jan - 6:52

Cool, so when I beat SAO with my completely OP character, I'll just go into ALO, choose a race and start slaughtering anyone who comes near me in the wild, thus earning a giant bounty that only the other veteran players will be able to claim because I'd be too strong.

I'm kidding about that, but that could be an example of a disadvantage to new players...eh, who cares? I potentially spend three years of completing a game, so I'd want to keep my character's stats xD
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 22 Jan - 8:22

Leriko wrote:Cool, so when I beat SAO with my completely OP character, I'll just go into ALO, choose a race and start slaughtering anyone who comes near me in the wild, thus earning a giant bounty that only the other veteran players will be able to claim because I'd be too strong.

I'm kidding about that, but that could be an example of a disadvantage to new players...eh, who cares? I potentially spend three years of completing a game, so I'd want to keep my character's stats xD
    that's true. It'll certainly work for primarily PvE MMOs, since you'd basically just be skipping to endgame content. But still, I consider it a novelty feature, it's nice but using it would keep you from playing a good majority of the game (all the low-level content) so pluses and minuses. It would be an interesting feature, but only if we can make it work in a balanced way that's fun for everyone.
    Kyoya
    Kyoya
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya Fri 22 Jan - 8:42

Can you make it so you can keep how they look but throw away the stats >.> I don't wanna have the same stats xD
    Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko Fri 22 Jan - 10:11

So you want to throw away years of work? Kyon, life doesn't work like that. If you threw away the stats, that's three years that you'll never get back (unless you time travel), so I'd highly recommend that you keep all of your character that you can.

If you end up not being able to transfer the character, I'll be sad, because of the reasons that I have stated above.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 22 Jan - 10:35

Leriko wrote:So you want to throw away years of work? Kyon, life doesn't work like that. If you threw away the stats, that's three years that you'll never get back (unless you time travel), so I'd highly recommend that you keep all of your character that you can.

If you end up not being able to transfer the character, I'll be sad, because of the reasons that I have stated above.
    well, "years of work" only really applies to SAO (once we finally get the rights to make it). Most regular MMO's take like 40-60 hours (i think, not really into MMO's) to max your character's level. Then you can hunt for better loot, but none of that will be transfered when you switch characters.

now, we haven't done much thinking about this in the team forums (since we kinda need to have games published before we can worry about transferring accounts), but how I see the system working (and how it worked in SAO) was that you transfer your characters stats. That's level and nothing else. You get starter equipment, the same amount of money as a new player, etc. You'll just start at max level. That's honestly not that much work you'd gain/loose if you transfer a character or not, and that's why I'd consider this system a novelty for our games. Something neat, but not something that has a huge impact on how people play our games
    Kyoya
    Kyoya
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya Fri 22 Jan - 13:57

Leriko wrote:So you want to throw away years of work? Kyon, life doesn't work like that. If you threw away the stats, that's three years that you'll never get back (unless you time travel), so I'd highly recommend that you keep all of your character that you can.

That's how my life works *shrugs* I play games for fun it's not like I'm getting paid to play them so idc if I lose my stuff for me the fun of a game is lvling up and getting stronger with friends. If I can't do that then there's not much point.

Leriko wrote:well, "years of work" only really applies to SAO (once we finally get the rights to make it). Most regular MMO's take like 40-60 hours
    That's really off compared to my experiences Noma. All the MMO's I've played make updates so parts are added to the game so you don't get bored. In other words staying at the lvl cap is pretty much impossible
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 22 Jan - 14:09

Kyoya wrote:

That's how my life works  *shrugs* I play games for fun it's not like I'm getting paid to play them so idc if I lose my stuff for me the fun of a game is lvling up and getting stronger with friends. If I can't do that then there's not much point.

Leriko wrote:well, "years of work" only really applies to SAO (once we finally get the rights to make it). Most regular MMO's take like 40-60 hours
    That's really off compared to my experiences Noma. All the MMO's I've played make updates so parts are added to the game so you don't get bored. In other words staying at the lvl cap is pretty much impossible

At IG- we dont do DLC- we will do updates but thats only to fix things in the game-such as increasing the lvl cap or fixing a hole in the sky XD- so another words any thing we want in the game must be in the game at launch
    Kyoya
    Kyoya
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya Fri 22 Jan - 14:12

Akira wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:

That's how my life works  *shrugs* I play games for fun it's not like I'm getting paid to play them so idc if I lose my stuff for me the fun of a game is lvling up and getting stronger with friends. If I can't do that then there's not much point.

At IG- we dont do DLC- we will do updates but thats only to fix things in the game-such as increasing the lvl cap or fixing a hole in the sky XD- so another words any thing we want in the game must be in the game at launch

awww don't fix holes in the sky make it into a secret place xD I would probably be the one to try and find someway to get there
    Draugole
    Draugole
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Draugole Fri 22 Jan - 14:47

Kyoya wrote:
    Akira wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:

awww don't fix holes in the sky make it into a secret place xD I would probably be the one to try and find someway to get there
    You just break through the game straight into the matrix xD
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 22 Jan - 18:10

Draugole wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:
    Akira wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:

or into the matrix world and u cant logout- and everyone tries really hard to convince u that this is reality- XD
    Kyoya
    Kyoya
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya Fri 22 Jan - 19:32

Akira wrote:
    Draugole wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:
    Akira wrote:
    Kyoya wrote:

or into the matrix world and u cant logout- and everyone tries really hard to convince u that this is reality- XD

Is it bad that I would only hate that if it was boring there?
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 22 Jan - 20:38

nah kyoya- tis understandable- but then again life is sometimes boring as well
    mixmaster
    mixmaster
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by mixmaster Fri 22 Jan - 21:50

ya life can be boring but sometimes is can surprise you
    IsumiKun
    IsumiKun
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by IsumiKun Wed 27 Jan - 16:06

Cool, now i'm happy and on the same moment sad.

My grandpa died on 01/04/16, but Pokemon GO, Clans Beta and FD is going so good! >D Stay with the good work guys! PS: I'm beautiful :>
    Kyoya
    Kyoya
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Kyoya Wed 27 Jan - 17:04

Near wrote:Cool, now i'm happy and on the same moment sad.

My grandpa died on 01/04/16, but Pokemon GO, Clans Beta and FD is going so good! >D Stay with the good work guys! PS: I'm beautiful :>

That sucks
    and
    You're apart of the pokemon go beta? 0.0
    YunaElaine
    YunaElaine
    Semi Old Member
    Semi Old Member

Character

Post by YunaElaine Thu 28 Jan - 14:17

OK so I'm a little confused rn.....in a post from the 14.1.16 we were told that SAO etc. were to shut down, but on posts of this page there were still people asking about SAO so....

Is SAO being shut down or not ? (Sry for my bad English)
    Draugole
    Draugole
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Draugole Thu 28 Jan - 14:19

YunaElaine wrote:OK so I'm a little confused rn.....in a post from the 14.1.16 we were told that SAO etc. were to shut down, but on posts of this page there were still people asking about SAO so....

Shut down
    YunaElaine
    YunaElaine
    Semi Old Member
    Semi Old Member

Character

Post by YunaElaine Thu 28 Jan - 14:20

Draugole wrote:
    YunaElaine wrote:OK so I'm a little confused rn.....in a post from the 14.1.16 we were told that SAO etc. were to shut down, but on posts of this page there were still people asking about SAO so....

Shut down

kk thnx
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Thu 28 Jan - 16:24

YunaElaine wrote:
    Draugole wrote:

Shut down

kk thnx

ye we still get people asking about  SAO even though its shutdown XD-
    aedonius
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by aedonius Mon 22 Feb - 20:58

I coulnt find anywhere else to post this so ill post it here, sorry. I have pretty bad allergies and it makes breathing through my nose practically impossible. To use this would i have to find a way to keep my mouth open or just wait for my allergies to clear up to use it
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Mon 22 Feb - 21:02

aedonius wrote:I coulnt find anywhere else to post this so ill post it here, sorry. I have pretty bad allergies and it makes breathing through my nose practically impossible. To use this would i have to find a way to keep my mouth open or just wait for my allergies to clear up to use it

hmm well id have to say- u should probably either wait to use it or go ahead and see what happens- as i dont imagine that it would keep u from breathing- probably best to use it with ur mouth open-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr - 8:36