Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

3 posters

Overwatch Competitive Rant

Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Overwatch Competitive Rant Empty Overwatch Competitive Rant

Post by Leriko Sat 17 Sep - 19:52

Before I begin, if anyone here plays Overwatch on PC and is able to play competitive, want to play with me? I need some friends.

Ok, now I will begin.

Overwatch Competitive. It's fun. It really is, except for the part where your team gets curb stomped into oblivion or you curb stomp the opposing team. It's not balanced at all. In fact, most of the time, you'll either lose or win depending on the team work the two teams have. Most of the time, I'm unlucky enough to pretty much get stuck with the team that doesn't talk and/or listen to each other. I play Zenyatta. One of the better DPS healers in the game. His ultimate ability is to become invincible for six seconds and instantly heal any damage his teammates get as long as they're in a certain radius of the ultimate.

Now, in a game I recently played, I would have used my ultimate if the enemy team didn't flank me and continuously kill me. Needless to say, the team blamed me for our loss and it pissed me off so much I started to insult them (it's not a pretty sight. I'm usually very docile). The team full of random players, mind you, then pulled the card where they blame me for not using my ultimate. I exit the game for the day.

That's one very bad experience. In my own experience, I just have bad experiences. I always pull the short straw. There are many more things I could rant about, but I'll save everyone the pain of reading an hour long essay about why Overwatch Competitve sucks ass.

From Leriko, the person who always gets stuck playing as a healer.
    Snakez29
    Snakez29
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Overwatch Competitive Rant Empty Re: Overwatch Competitive Rant

Post by Snakez29 Sun 18 Sep - 18:51

I don't have Overwatch but i think that it's far too new for anyone to be at professional level yet. People have maybe found one character that hey mesh well with, but nobody is going to be a versatile player, and of course everybody generally wants to play someone who can get kills ergo a lack of healers. I think your efforts are valiant, but the competitive scene in Overwatch is just too noncompetitive yet, and so there's no way in hell that you're ever going to escape healer or find a great team. Again, I applaud you for being the healer when nobody else will.
    Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko Sun 18 Sep - 21:39

There actually is a professional level. My evidence? There's already a world cup...yeah...it's too early for that...

Anyway, Blizzard (I think) has said once, maybe twice, that your not supposed to "main" a single character. It's not even a kill based game lol. But, if I have to be honest, I still sometimes get the highest kills on my team as a healer.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru Mon 19 Sep - 12:57

I play overwatch, but I'm still pretty new at it. I usually play D.Va, but I'm trying to expand to people like Mercy and Genji (so I can help at least somewhat no matter what my team needs). I'd play with you, but I don't even have the option for competitive play yet...
    Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko Mon 19 Sep - 19:54

I'm fine with playing Quickplay, though. At the moment, I'm currently helping my older brother as he's new to the game as well.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 19 Sep - 23:57

okay, that should work then. when do you normally play (we do live halfway around the world, lol)
    Leriko
    Leriko
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Leriko Tue 20 Sep - 0:04

I'm currently on school holidays, so I can usually play whenever (unless I get really tilted and/or lose interest in the game for a day). When it's a normal school term, I play in the afternoon and all over the weekend. So I can basically play whenever a few times of a normal week.

Feel free to add me on Battle.net! Leriko#11159 is my Battle.net tag~
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 20 Sep - 18:17

yeah, I can't figure out how to add you, lol. I try searching your name in the add-a-friend thing and it doesn't work... I'm Sepirus#11277

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May - 19:53