Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+2
lucarioman555
Nomaru
6 posters

Strength and Agility

Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Strength and Agility Empty Strength and Agility

Post by Nomaru Thu 19 Mar - 15:59

This is a post for discussing anything to do with our strength and agility. My idea for how the systems will go, at least in SAO, is that players start at lvl 1 with strength and agility approximately equal to the maximum of human potential. Then, all strength and agility buffs will go on top of that. Agility will increase at the rate of 1 mph added to the maximum speed of the player every 10 points put into it, as has been previously decided, with a maximum bonus speed of 150 mph faster than max human potential without item buffs. Strength, I though, could be measured in the distance an average player would be launched by a full-force punch from the strength player, without weapons or sword skills. That would increase by 1 yard every 2 points spent in strength, or by 1.5 feet for every point. That way, the maximum launch distance would be a rather impressive 750 yards, which will increase when combined with any sword skill that launches the opponent, and strength players will feel as superhuman as agility players. Thoughts?
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Strength and Agility Empty Re: Strength and Agility

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 19 Mar - 17:02

I think the increments of leveling sound good to me but I think that adding the stats to what the player is already Capable of is a neat idea but not only would it be hard but also slightly unfair. Seeing as you could train as hard as you could in game and still not be the top agility player because someone could run 1 mph faster than you IRL. I love the idea but I think it's unfair to the "out of shape" you know?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 19 Mar - 17:06

I didn't mean it like that, I meant that the starting "agility" and "strength" level of a lvl. 1 character would be equal to the best of humankind put together into one.  So, we'd all start with Usain Bolt's maximum sprinting speed, and the strength of an olympic weightlifter, etc.

Edit--Actually, just looked up Bolt. He can sprint at nearly 28mph... Maybe we should cut that down some, like to 18 or 20 mph, but you get what I'm saying about having a starting baseline.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Thu 19 Mar - 17:21

OK got it I thought it was individual based. Yeah I'm totally up for this idea. I'm not very intense about it but I like running so far my fastest sprint is 15mph. I would love to go 20mph at lvl 1 XD can't wait to be running around at lvl 50-60
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Thu 19 Mar - 17:28

Okay, so the starting Agility will be 20mph and the starting Strength will be enough force to make the player stumble back a little on a direct hit? Is everyone cool with that? And is everyone cool with the increments I put above?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 20 Mar - 21:30

so...I'm guessing the lack of response is a yes? Then, is everyone okay if I post this in the SAO News page, to help the guys in the forums start to plan their characters?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 22 Mar - 10:36

Seriously, guys? If nobody posts anything I'm just going to post it. I really think that we should double check with everyone (especially with Akira) before we post anything new. I'm really trying to keep a line of communication open here, but now I've got two posts than absolutely no one's responded to. We're supposed to be a team here, which means that we need to work together. Tell someone when they're doing something that you like, or when they aren't, or even if you just don't give a shit. We're already really unorganized as it is, but right now it's getting to the point where i'm not even sure what ideas we think are good and what ideas we want to leave out. Even if it feels repetitive, all the "good job"s and "i like it"s, in this phase of development that's probably the most important thing we can be doing. Until we have the tech to start turning our ideas into reality, ideas are the most important thing, and we need to make sure everyone knows what we as a collective whole like. Just my 2 cents.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sun 22 Mar - 11:08

I like the ideas i have read here so far but i did not respond because i didn't think about doing so
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Sun 22 Mar - 11:10

Well for starters I hadnt seen this topic, till now. And i think we shouldnt start with maximum human level stats. I think we should start at 15 for agility
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 22 Mar - 11:17

Okay, sorry. I thought that everyone was like me and hated the little yellow dots, so they read everything. So you're thinking more we start everyone at average, or slightly above average, human level and then they strengthen themselves?
    TheFieryQuan
    TheFieryQuan
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by TheFieryQuan Sun 22 Mar - 11:25

Personally I think you should start with what is best matched to your real physical status but because of many gamers won't train you should start with at least 15 and have at maximum 20-25 or so
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sun 22 Mar - 11:32

Yeah average-to slightly above average.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sun 22 Mar - 11:33

It would be equal for everyone that way so i approve the idea.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 22 Mar - 11:34

Well, you have to remember technique plays a huge part in it, too. If you're a really bad runner, you won't be able to use a body capable of running 20mph to its fullest. Though I also get the idea of not having players start too strong, maybe 17-18 mph max at lvl 1, just a little bit above average, but nowhere near maximum human potential.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sun 22 Mar - 11:35

Nomaru wrote:Well, you have to remember technique plays a huge part in it, too.  If you're a really bad runner, you won't be able to use a body capable of running 20mph to its fullest.  Though I also get the idea of not having players start too strong, maybe 17-18 mph max at lvl 1, just a little bit above average, but nowhere near maximum human potential.  
    That is also what i thought
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Sun 22 Mar - 13:13

I don't think most of this conversation was needed lol! Just look back at the conversation with me and Nomaru, if you actually read what we said to each other you would understand exactly what's going on, At lvl 1 the player can run at 20Mph in a sprint, now as too how long you can keep that up will require us to have a stamina bar, or we could keep going indefinitely. And as for strength ( attack im assuming) you start out being able to make someone stumble backwards, as for the increments that's a little unclear as far as strength goes, but speed (Not agility i might add) goes up in simple MPH increments, agility is really something that can't be simulated as it's the ability to change the direction of the body in an efficient and effective manner so really it's a combination of all skills including your own reaction time and coordination.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 22 Mar - 13:20

Strength is distance launched by a full force attack, 1.5 feet are added for every point spent. It should be relatively simple math to convert that into raw output of the person's muscles, and then from there we know how strong they are.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Mon 23 Mar - 9:13

When you say "launched" do you mean launching a rock or other item? Because weather or not the opponent goes flying would be based on how high his defense was compare the attackers strength.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 23 Mar - 11:46

okay, then, take it based on a basic, average human sized dummy. The ability to launch an average human (height and weight) x distance is determined by your strength stat.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Mon 23 Mar - 16:17

All right, so there's the constant. Now we can find out what lvl's are comparable to lvl's of bosses.

Quick question should the player be able to choose where his " Level Up Points" go towards like he gets to choose if they want their speed or their strength to go up. I think that they should because otherwise every player would be the same just going through the levels slowly climbing in stats where as if we did this you could be a pure Tank or a pure lol! Anything else i guess but that's just me what do you guys think.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 23 Mar - 16:23

If I remember right, we have 3 points that can go into either strength and agility every time we level up, so we can chose where they go. I do think that all stats should gain small boosts every time you level up, but you get much more if you put points into the section. Like you get slightly faster at every level up and slightly stronger, maybe at the rate of 1 point per 10 levels, or one point every five. This way full agility players won't get one-hitted at higher levels and full strength players can move fast enough that they'll have a chance at keeping up with the faster mobs and players.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 23 Mar - 16:45

Actually, I just got another idea. Why not upgrade an weapon damage seperately from stat points. Strength builds will still do more damage (because their weapons will be heavier) but they will attack slower. Agility builds will be able to do more dps due to their high speed, but will also do less damage on each attack and be much easier to kill because their health is lower. This will make it easier for agility players to participate in boss fights (rather than having us come up with a weak point for all 100 of them) and will make them more useful against high strength players in PvE. I think it will help balance the game a bit more, but what do you guys think?
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Mon 23 Mar - 18:28

nah i dont think we should do that on the weapon damage thing, cause if u notice elucidator was a heavy weapon compared to a lot of other swords.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 23 Mar - 20:26

and it also did a lot of damage (i'm assuming, we never saw it's exact stats in comparison to other weapons. Kirito was a strength build, with agility on the side, so that's why he's able to wield heavy weapons). I'm sorry if i'm missing your meaning, i'm kinda confused right now scratch ... I think it would help balance the game more to let agility players keep their traditional dps role (because I'm not sure where we stand right now in combat, which sucks because I really want to play one). Right now, strength builds can take damage and can dish it out. Agility builds are hard to catch, but if they're facing an enemy that's level 500 and they only deal the damage of a level 1 character I don't think it'll go well for them.
    Shadrixt
    Shadrixt
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): None

Post by Shadrixt Mon 23 Mar - 20:33

You're forgetting that most people will go for a balance with more upgrade points on either side. I dont think many people would want to go straight for agility seeing as you are too fragile and one wrong move could cost you. The fun with that is that you can run at what the speed of sound or something untill you smash straight into the wall on the other side of the floor or fly off into the skies. Strength alone is too slow to go onto completely up on the higher levels against other players and mobs. Plus i dont think there was a weapon dmg upgrade point system anyway. If memory serves me right it was only a system where your weapon could get blunter so it dealt out less dmg requiring it to be sharpened again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May - 22:28