Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+2
lucarioman555
Nomaru
6 posters

Strength and Agility

Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Strength and Agility - Page 3 Empty Re: Strength and Agility

Post by Akira Mon 30 Mar - 19:46

well in games that use the seed- agility has to do with speed.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru Mon 30 Mar - 20:10

Well, high agility characters, if played well, must have high degrees of agility irl. 90% of agility is next to impossible to mimic in a virtual environment. Of the only parts we could amplify (strength, endurance, and stamina), strength would only apply to the strength to carry out acrobatic maneuvers, which all characters will have at lvl 1. Endurance and Stamina, I'm assuming, will be infinite, meaning that we won't have to worry about improving them. Thus, the only aspect of agility that could be improved in-game with skill points would be the speed aspect.

I get what you're saying, though. This is just an attempt to use logic to maybe help with that OCD part of you XD. From a pure game developer standpoint, Agility sounds like a better term for the amplification of speed than calling it Speed, so I think we should use it even if it is a bit misleading. Maybe we could also include stuff like flexibility and the speed at which a player can activate and use sword skills and charged sword skills (skills charge faster and, when used, the actual attacks go at a faster rate then a character with a lower agility level), which would go under coordination and reflexes, if that helps...
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Mon 30 Mar - 21:38

I understand where your coming from but true agility cannot be a stat... it really has to be how fast you as a person can react to changes in your surroundings. i don't think it really matters what it's called but in my mind when i think of how fast i want to go i think of speed when i think of somebody doing parkour i think that person is agile (having agility) lol!
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Mon 30 Mar - 21:41

Agility - Has an influence on Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Evasion
    ~~Attack Speed - How fast your character can chain on to their next attack.
    ~~Movement Speed - How fast your character can move overall.
    Evasion - How well your character can evade incoming attacks.

How about that discription?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Mon 30 Mar - 21:45

True, yet only players who are agile can use agility to its maximum potential.  Think of it like this, agility gives the players the body necessary to be agile.  Somebody doing parkour couldn't do it, no matter how good their technique was,  without the right kind of body.  Stuff like balance and coordination are all skills the player develops, while the body they need is provided to them through the agility stat (and probably through the acrobatics skill).  So, in a sense, upgrading the agility stat will promote a more agile play style, creating players with agility without messing with any kind of in-game stats.  I agree with you that it should effect more than just speed (you can just read my other posts on how I think agility is way underpowered in relation to strength), and I have a couple of suggestions for that, but I don't think we should change the name.

How can we amp a player's evasion? I'm asking because I figured it was impossible, so I was training that IRL. I say we replace that one with flexibility (how much resistance the system will give you once you stretch pass a certain point), but I like the rest of it.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Mon 30 Mar - 21:49

well, we might be able to do it, by doing like an adrenaline effect. and yeah we arent changing agilities name- since thats the official name of it in sao universe

Edit*

Action Points - Every skill cost Action Points excluding the basic attack patterns. These Action Points determine how much you can use skills and will drain every time you've used a skill, though they slowly regenerate. At early levels you will not have to worry so much about managing your Action Points but, as you level up and the fights get harder you will have to be more cautious when and how you use your skills.- I think it would be easier to do it this way-

*By having it set up this way either you go strength build and be tanky, hit hard but not near as fast/constantly. And going a agility build will make it so you can attack fast, constantly, and continue to put out DPS but, you aren't anywhere near tanky. If you decide to balance it out perfectly then you can take damage and deal damage but you won't be ideal at either.

-Weapon Stats-
    These are the stats that your weapons have direct influence over.
    ~Quickness - Adds on how fast a weapon can move to its next strike. For example, a rapier would attack possibly 3 times in 1 second, as where a sword may attack 1-2 in 1 second depending on its quickness. To sum it up, the better the quickness, the better the chance to faster combo attacks.
    ~Sharpness - Adds on to the total damage and makes it so your weapon has a higher chance to cause deeper wounds that allows targets to bleed out.
    ~Accuracy - A dagger/rapier would be far more accurate than a axe or war hammer. This creates opportunity to strike when your opponent may avoid. Also causes higher chances to hit vital spots.
    ~Heaviness - The heavier a weapon the slower your character attack patterns and actions become depending on your strength level and if you're able to wield it freely or not.
    ~Durability - How durable your weapon is, if it is weaker than whatever other equipment it is hitting up against it will lose durability much faster and likewise if it is hitting something with lower durability it will have a higher chance to break or damage it.

-Armor Stats-
    ~Defense - How much possible damage your armor can negate.
    ~Heaviness - The heavier the armor the slower and more sluggish your movements become.
    ~Durability - How durable your armor is, it will take more or less damage and a beating depending on what weapon is hitting it and that weapons durability.

The info comes from scouring the internet for while, so the guy(s) that thought this up credit belongs to them,
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 31 Mar - 6:03

So the more agility you have, the highter a pool of action points you have access to? I like it.

Is quickness the speed the weapon moves in a sword skill or the amount of time the player is frozen after using a sword skill, or both?

I would take accuracy out of the equation (at least in PvP). If it stays in, then high accuracy weapons will be impossible to dodge (because, and I'm assuming this, but the sword skills will sort of have a homing effect on the player). This means that agility builds with low health won't be able to use their best means of defence, dodging, against anyone using a high accuracy weapon. Maybe it effects stuff like crit-hit chance (if you hit, an accurate weapon is more likely to hit a vital, or work its way through the chinks in armor, etc.)

I would also split up durability into hardness and durability. Hardness will be how hard a weapon is and durability is how much "damage" the weapon or armor can take before it breaks. damage can be calculated by the hardness of the attacking weapon minus the hardness of the defending weapon. If that comes out negative or 0, then the defending weapon or armor takes no damage. I just think it will be less confusing this way, because I think you were using durability to apply to both.

Also, maybe we rename "Action Points" to "Stamina", because that seems like what it's representing. Then we can have players start to feel worn out and tired whenever their action points are low. If they have 0 action points, then they feel like they just ran 12 miles or something, which would explain why they can't use sword skills anymore.

I know I've got a lot here, but this is really nitpickey stuff. I really like the ideas.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Tue 31 Mar - 10:57

i like that hardness and durability is split up, as well of renaming action points to stamina. Quickness would be how fast the weapon moves in a sword skill., Agility u have that right on the skill. Accuracy- if u think about it, all skills are set in a certain motion- so if u increase the accuracy- you would have a better chance of going for a vital spot, when u hit-causing more a more serious wound.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 31 Mar - 14:13

so increasing accuracy increases crit hit? Or is it the homing effect? or something else? I'm a bit confused, lol.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Tue 31 Mar - 14:19

i was thinking a little bit of both- like critics 5% chance increase- while the homing would be 3% increase or something along those lines
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Tue 31 Mar - 14:41

okay, that works. So it's not like the attack will chase you around corners or anything, more it'll kinda follow the character as you dodge, with higher levels being able to keep up with wider dodges.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Tue 31 Mar - 14:46

Nomaru wrote:okay, that works.  So it's not like the attack will chase you around corners or anything, more it'll kinda follow the character as you dodge, with higher levels being able to keep up with wider dodges.  
    Okay i haven't really followed this but as i understand it you are discussing Agility and speed. Kinda lazy here but could i get a quick re-cap on the most basic(i have missed a lot in this thread)
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Tue 31 Mar - 15:10

Agility Types-
    1.Attack Speed - How fast your character can chain on to their next attack.
    2.Movement Speed - How fast your character can move overall.
    3.Evasion - How well your character can evade incoming attacks.- This will be done by the adrenalin effect.
    4.Stamina- more agility you have, the higher the stamina- and that will allow you to do more skills in a battle. In short it determines how much/many skills you can use and will drain every time you've used a skill, though it will slowly regenerate
    *By having it set up this way either you go strength build and be tanky, hit hard but not near as fast/constantly. And going a agility build will make it so you can attack fast, constantly, and continue to put out DPS but, you aren't anywhere near tanky. If you decide to balance it out perfectly then you can take damage and deal damage but you won't be ideal at either.

While For Stats them selfs-
    -Weapon Stats-
    ~Quickness - Adds on how fast a weapon can move to its next strike. For example, a rapier would attack possibly 3 times in 1 second, as where a sword may attack 1-2 in 1 second depending on its quickness. To sum it up, the better the quickness, the better the chance to faster combo attacks.
    ~Sharpness - Adds on to the total damage and makes it so your weapon has a higher chance to cause deeper wounds that allows targets to bleed out.
    ~Accuracy - A dagger/rapier would be far more accurate than a axe or war hammer. This creates opportunity to strike when your opponent may avoid. Also causes higher chances to hit vital spots.
    ~Heaviness - The heavier a weapon the slower your character attack patterns and actions become depending on your strength level and if you're able to wield it freely or not.
    ~Hardness will be how hard a weapon is
    ~Durability is how much "damage" the weapon or armor can take before it breaks. damage can be calculated by the hardness of the attacking weapon minus the hardness of the defending weapon. If that comes out negative or 0, then the defending weapon or armor takes no damage.

-Armor Stats-
    ~Heaviness - The heavier the armor the slower and more sluggish your movements become.
    ~Hardness will be how hard the armor is.
    ~Durability is how much "damage" the weapon or armor can take before it breaks. damage can be calculated by the hardness of the attacking weapon minus the hardness of the defending weapon. If that comes out negative or 0, then the defending weapon or armor takes no damage.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Tue 31 Mar - 15:17

Akira_ wrote:Agility Types-
    1.Attack Speed - How fast your character can chain on to their next attack.
    2.Movement Speed - How fast your character can move overall.
    3.Evasion - How well your character can evade incoming attacks.- This will be done by the adrenalin effect.
    4.Stamina- more agility you have, the higher the stamina- and that will allow you to do more skills in a battle. In short it determines how much/many skills you can use and will drain every time you've used a skill, though it will slowly regenerate

While For Stats them selfs-
    -Weapon Stats-
    ~Hardness will be how hard a weapon is

-Armor Stats-
    ~Hardness will be how hard the armor is.
    Okay thx
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Tue 31 Mar - 15:17

Your welcome. Very Happy
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 1 Apr - 23:37

Strength - Has a heavy influence on HP and damage depending on the weapon type and carrying capacity. Ex, Strength will have more influence over damage on a Two-Handed Battle Ax than a Rapier which would be more Agility focused.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Thu 2 Apr - 4:40

Akira_ wrote:Strength - Has a heavy influence on HP and damage depending on the weapon type and carrying capacity. Ex, Strength will have more influence over damage on a Two-Handed Battle Ax than a Rapier which would be more Agility focused.
    That is what to be expected i guess. I like it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May - 22:08