Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+6
Neail
Argonus
Olek
HourlongFall
Nomaru
Akira
10 posters

A.L.O Info

Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

A.L.O Info Empty A.L.O Info

Post by Akira Fri 3 Apr - 13:25

Alfheim Online

System:
    Upon signing in to ALO, a player must first select a race, each of which has special attributes and skills unique to their race; however, the appearance of the selected character is randomized. Customization of the visual aspects of the character are allowed later on, but every change requires an additional fee. After the race is selected, they will be spawned in the race's hometown. The gender of the player's avatar will be the same as the player in real life by default, and the player cannot change it no matter what.

Races
    Cait Sith: skilled beast tamers with improved eyesight. They are recognizable through their cat ears and tails.
    Gnome: Largest fairy race and users of the earth. They are styled in brown.
    Imp: Masters of night, great night vision. They are styled in purple.
    Leprechaun: Blacksmith race, their wings have a mechanical appearance.
    Pooka: Users of music which is used to confuse, attack, or support.
    Salamander: Considered the strongest race in terms of attack, they have superior fire spells and are styled in red.
    Spriggan: Masters of illusion and treasure seeking. They are styled in black.
    Sylph: Considered the fastest race and users of wind, they are denoted by the color green regularly.
    Undine: Healers and masters of water. They are styled in blue.

The skills are developed by the player's own abilities and by repeating them over and over, so a new player with good skills can match a veteran player almost evenly in battle.
    It uses a flight engine to enable the player to fly. The flight system also focuses on the player's own ability. It has a "controlled flight" mode, in which the players make use of a controller to fly, at the cost of being able to use only one hand to fight, but, with enough experience and ability, the player is able to learn «Voluntary Flight» and, with it, can use both hands while flying and gains more maneuverability and speed.

Visual Interface:
    In a player's display, without accessing any skills, one can see several interfaces.
    The health bar is located on the upper left corner of one's field of vision. It displays the health of the player, name, numerical HP

The main menu is based on Sword Art Online's original interface but with minor key differences, such as the status of the player no longer incorporating experience, but rather skill mastery instead. However, the main menu is called out using the left hand instead of how SAO's menu was opened with the right hand.

Inventory/equipment: The icon for the category is a character icon. This is the default screen when opening the Menu interface. The left screen is an image of the body, with multiple points that allow the gamer to equip items or clothes. The right screen has three sub-menus:
    Equipment: Selecting this sub-menu will open another three sub-menus:
    Weapons: The icon for this category is a sword like the one used in Equipment.
    Equipped: The icon for this category is an armor.
    Accessory: The icon for this category is a necklace.
    Items: Selecting this sub-menu will open an additional scrolling screen on the left that lists all items. When an item is selected, it materializes in front of the player. The inventory turns red when a player has too many items..
    Friends/Guild: The icon for the category is two character icons together. The right screen has three sub-menus:
    Party: Selecting this sub-menu will open three additional options. The first is "Create", the second is "Invite", and the third is "Dissolve".
    Friend: Selecting this sub-menu will reveal a list of a player's friends. Selecting a single friend will produce three additional options: "Message Box", "Position Check", and "Profile".
    Guild:
    Communications: The icon for this category is two chat box icons together. The icon flashes automatically whenever a player receives a message.[citation needed]
    Befriend[citation needed]: This option allows the player to send a friend request to another player. The other player is added to the Friend List if the request is accepted.
    Trade[citation needed]: This option opens a trade window with another player. Trading can be used just to show another player items, or complete a trade after both parties accept the offers put forth.[citation needed]
    Duel[citation needed]: This option allows the player to send a Duel request. The player being challenged has the privilege of selecting one of the available duel modes.[citation needed]
    Maps/Quest: The icon for the category is a balloon location icon. The right screen has three sub-menus:
    Field Map: Selecting this sub-menu will reveal a map showing the player's location on the field.
    Dungeon Map: Selecting this sub-menu will reveal a map of the dungeon that the player has explored.
    Quest: Selecting this sub-menu will open the player's quest window, displaying all the quests that the player has accepted and their description.
    Settings/Main-menu: The icon for the category is a gear. The right screen has three sub-menus:
    Option
    Help: Selecting "Help" will call a GM (Game Master) in the left screen.
    Logout: The logout button is available with a quick log-out in safe area and a 15-minute logout in a soulless state, in which the player can be attacked, if the player attempts to log out in the field.

Combat in ALO contains multiple elements and strategies. With the introduction of flight, it allows for duels to take place in aerial battles or on the ground. In the original incarnation of ALfheim Online combat was either between players or monsters, and, since there were no Sword Skills, combat consisted of either sword swings or magical attacks. It was noted that general combat involved just the trading of strikes and that high-speed battles, like the one observed between General Eugene and Kirito, were uncommon.

When a player dies, they will become a Remain Light and lose some of their stat progress. The attacker will also receive some of the killed player's items and currency. If a player dies due to a self destruct magic, they will suffer a much greater death penalty than for normal deaths.

Remain Lights are the souls of killed players in ALfheim Online
    Remain Lights remain in the place that the players were killed in for about 1 minute, but this timer increases to 600 seconds (10 minutes) within a boss room or certain dungeons. During this time, the player can be revived on the spot with revival magic or special items. If the player is not revived before the timer expires, the Light vanishes and the player is returned to their re-spawn point. Though dead players are not able to move or take any action while they are dead, they can still hear and see what is going on around them.
    In addition to dying and turning into a Remain Light, players incur a death penalty where they lose some of their stats. Players also incur an item loss penalty if they are not revived before the timer expires, and the items are given to the player that killed them or, in the case of having a shared inventory (e.g. by being in a party), the lost items are first sent to the still alive players shared inventory, similar to the marriage system in Sword Art Online. In such a case, the attackers only receive the items if they manage to kill all of the members of the party

Monster battles are the same as those in Sword Art Online, with the difference of including magic and the absence of Sword Skills in the original incarnation.
    Flight System:
    There are two ways to control the flight of an avatar. The first method is by using a joystick-like controller that can be summoned by holding up one's hand as if to grip something

Pulling the controller towards oneself causes the player to rise, while pushing it away causes the player to descend.
    Moving the controller to the left or right causes the player to turn in the respective direction.
    Pushing the spherical button on the controller causes the player to accelerate, while letting it go causes the player to slow down.
    The second method, referred to as «Voluntary Flight», is the player controlling their flight via their thoughts.
    The player's flight is also limited by an altitude limit, which prevents the players from flying over large mountains, like the ones separating the Alne Plateau from the race territories. Additionally, as the player's wings require sunlight or moonlight for flight, most fairy races are unable to fly in underground dungeons and Labyrinths. The only exceptions are Imps and Spriggans, who can fly for a very short amount of time underground if they have sufficient proficiency in a special advanced skill

We will incorporate Aincrad into alo,along with sword skills, on December 25th of what every year that sao was beaten.

And should we include flight time limit?
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

A.L.O Info Empty Re: A.L.O Info

Post by Nomaru Fri 3 Apr - 13:59

I say no to the flight time limit (just so that players can have more fun with it).

I'd also say not to the randomized appearance and locked genders. Locked genders for the same reason as in SAO (of course, adding the "irl gender" thing to the character's info if they change their gender in-game), and the randomized appearance because it would be like punishing players for looking like they want to. Sure, have a "randomize" button for people who don't care, but I don't see a reason why we shouldn't give players the option to customize their characters before they start the game.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 3 Apr - 14:02

K- that works for me, and yay no flight limit.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Fri 3 Apr - 14:19

The flight limit seemed like a bother so works for me
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 3 Apr - 19:25

Hey could some one make an outline of alfheims map?
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Fri 3 Apr - 19:56

Yep i agree with no flight limit ;3 Akira is this what you meant by the outline?xD thats what i found but im not too sure if its any good
    +EDIT and also i dont mind randomizing and gender locking, it only depends if people are comfortable with it (guess you may do a survey or something to check it out)

A.L.O Info Mapa_a12
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 3 Apr - 20:12

Yeah that might work, but i needed one with out all the lables, but thanks olek
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Fri 3 Apr - 20:21

ahh i'll look for one without labels, if none is done by tomorrow i will try making one xd
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 3 Apr - 20:24

Thank you- that would help so much.
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 4:35

Would you like me to do it like a final piece with a bit of blending or just something rough in paint?;d
    Argonus
    Argonus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Argonus Sat 4 Apr - 9:44

This info will better help the team get a clear idea on how it is going to be like. Nice information you made for us Akira!
    Neail
    Neail
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Neail Sat 4 Apr - 11:03

I know that we had already decided on this (I think) but what if we did have a flight limit. This is just an idea but what if we focused it not by time but by how long the user can stay in the air. So what I mean by this is that you can fly for however long you want but you will grow tired of flying.so the longer you fly the harder it will be to move, this could also make contests for who ever can fly the farthest. This is just an idea, what do you guys think?
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 11:21

I like your idea neail
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 11:36

Olek wrote:Would you like me to do it like a final piece with a bit of blending or just something rough in paint?;d
    It doesnt matter to me. and i to like the idea neil.
    GOD
    GOD
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Angels of Death

Post by GOD Sat 4 Apr - 11:36

Neail wrote:I know that we had already decided on this (I think) but what if we did have a flight limit. This is just an idea but what if we focused it not by time but by how long the user can stay in the air. So what I mean by this is that you can fly for however long you want but you will grow tired of flying.so the longer you fly the harder it will be to move, this could also make contests for who ever can fly the farthest. This is just an idea, what do you guys think?

Superb idea. I like it.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sat 4 Apr - 12:18

Neail wrote:I know that we had already decided on this (I think) but what if we did have a flight limit. This is just an idea but what if we focused it not by time but by how long the user can stay in the air. So what I mean by this is that you can fly for however long you want but you will grow tired of flying.so the longer you fly the harder it will be to move, this could also make contests for who ever can fly the farthest. This is just an idea, what do you guys think?
    Sounds good to me, good idea
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 12:29

This is the roughest thing i ever did in paint xDD if its not good enough tell me and i will re-do it as soon as i come back from the cinema in a better program

A.L.O Info Mapa_a14
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 13:00

Thanks, that works perfect.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 13:28

Maybe, but we should make the limit something absurd (like 10 min or something). That way, you can have complete fights in the air without having to worry about your wings running out of juice. And it shouldn't take them too long to fully regen, like 1 min or something
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 13:35

10 minuets depending on your agility level or- something along those lines- The high agilty the longer you can fly.
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 13:35

Nomaru wrote:

Maybe, but we should make the limit something absurd (like 10 min or something).  That way, you can have complete fights in the air without having to worry about your wings running out of juice.  And it shouldn't take them too long to fully regen, like 1 min or something

I personally think around 20minute flight (depends of course how big is the map to travel from 1 corner of the map to the other ) and the juice cooldown should be at least 5 / 10 minutes as this might add more tension to the battles between different races, which could potentionally lead to more tactical stuff Razz
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 13:39

Alo is huge- compared to sao. i say the world tree is the same size as aincrad.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 14:11

maybe it's a 1 min cooldown unless you're in combat, where it becomes a 5 min cooldown. That way it doesn't get in the way too much if you're trying to travel long distances but it still adds that tactical edge to combat.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sat 4 Apr - 14:53

Nomaru wrote:maybe it's a 1 min cooldown unless you're in combat, where it becomes a 5 min cooldown.  That way it doesn't get in the way too much if you're trying to travel long distances but it still adds that tactical edge to combat.
    Sounds good to me. But a battle might go on for more than five minutes. Won't it just feel repetitive?
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 15:07

i think it should be based on the players agility lvl- like say- at lvl 1: you can fly for 10 minutes before letting your stamina rebuild. Then lets say you gain a lvl and that increases the amount of time by either 10-30 seconds or even a full minute.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May - 8:09