Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

5 posters

Everything Floor 1 Related

lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Everything Floor 1 Related Empty Everything Floor 1 Related

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 8:40

This is where we can start to pull floor 1 together.Concept's, mob idea's, what weapons are available, what non combat skills can be honed there, ( Blacksmith, cooking, ect) How powerful are the Frenzy boars, how powerful is the base player, ect. All these things need to be decided before we can do any other floors since after floor 1 everything gets stronger, harder, ect. So we need a nice foundation for all of the concept artists to have something to build on.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Everything Floor 1 Related Empty Re: Everything Floor 1 Related

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 8:45

As for known monsters on floor 1 there were the following
    Frenzy Boar's
    Little Nepents
    Large Nepents
    Ruin Kobold Troopers (Labyrinth monster)
    Ruin Kobold Sentinelss (Boss's minions)
    Scavenger Toads
    Dire Wolf
    And of Course The Boss
    Illfang the Kobold Lord (Floor Boss)

So we need to give these mobs Stats. Hp, Att, Def, Spd, AI Level, Abilities.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 13:44

we have 100 floors, and 500 levels, so it would stand to reason that you should spend about five levels of your character on one floor. So the boss should have stats so that a group of level fives would be able to fight it at a "normal" difficulty level (you get what i mean). As for the non-combat skills, I'd say all of them. Floor one should be just one big pile of everything, but very low level. That way players can figure out what they want to focus their character on. There will be no rare or high level ingredients, but common ingredients of all kinds can be found there easily.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Wed 25 Feb - 14:19

Also not sure how accurate this is: A floors boss level is any where from 1 to 7 levels above that floors number.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 14:29

that might work for low levels, but on a higher level (like floor 100) you'll be trying to fight a raid group of lv 500 players with a max lvl 107 heathcliff. That won't work all that well, lol.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 25 Feb - 15:07

Well i think heathcliff will be a special case lol.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 15:38

But even floor 99, that'd be a boss level of 106 vs players with levels nearing 500. You could easily solo that boss.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 25 Feb - 15:40

true, maybe lower the level cap then.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 16:06

Or just raise the boss levels. I like the level cap where it is, all we have to do is design the bosses based on the expected levels of the players at the floor they're at, not based on the floor number. Maybe the boss is around one to seven levels higher than the max expected player level (with players expected to gain five levels per floor). So floor 99 will be lvl 502, Heathcliff will be lvl 507, etc.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Wed 25 Feb - 17:03

sounds good, as i like the way the level is to
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 19:11

You guys know that there isn't a level cap right?
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 19:22

Kirito was level 70(ish) at about floor 75. Do you guys really expect a lvl 70(ish to take the skull reaper on Solo? Because i don't, it had 5 HP bars instead of 4. It was also a quarter boss( 25,50,75,100) Which were considerably stronger than the adjacent floors. If you go to http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/The_Skull_Reaper it explains that it can easily take out High Level Players with 1 hit. So the bosses need to be absolutely Over Powered.

To be able to actually know just what level to make the bosses we need to know hoe much exp it will cost to level up your character and position boss levels accordingly. So let's say your Level 20 at the floor 10, (completely random numbers by the way) The boss should be somewhere around level 30 or so. Way Overpowered so that the players need to work together.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 19:31

I agree. And I thought that we had already decided on making the level cap 500. If we take out the level cap, we'd get some crazy powerful builds from the highest levels, crazier than I think we want. I'd personally put in a level cap.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 19:44

I Disagree, We just make it very hard to level. First of all leveling up in i self doesn't make that much of a boost in stats alone ex. Congrats you leveled up! ATT+2 DEF+3 SPD+2 ect. Your Gear Should Be A Multiplier of sorts. Then we could make enormous amounts of exp needed for a lvl 68 to go lvl 69 something like 70,000 exp.(Made up figures) And that would all be put together according to how much EXP the mobs give you. Ect. Lvl Cap is big NO for me.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 20:01

I agree with the individual levels being small modifiers, but right now I think the plan is that a player at 500 with all his points in agility will be able to run 150mph faster than a base player. Strength will be something equally as insane. To take that and give the players the ability to increase these stats even more seems unnecessary and it would turn the game into something that only people who can spend the time to gather crazy amounts of exp and push their characters to lvl 600 or above could really play at the highest levels, especially given that the game will end once floor 100 is cleared. We need some kind of stopper to make sure that the skilled players who maybe don't have all that free time can catch up and compete with the exp farmers.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Wed 25 Feb - 20:13

Kirito was at no point higher than level 80, and i think we can all agree he was an absolute Powerhouse. So i don't see any reasons to why the levels should be so easily pushed into the Hundreds. The way i see it 2 years into the game we will have maybe a top player of level 70, since you know it's impossible to play 24/7 and all. So the levels require insane amounts of exp to level up. This game should take 3,4 years to complete. Seeing as people who die somewhere around the floor 40 and up will pretty much be deemed worthless on the front lines. So people will need to be careful.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Wed 25 Feb - 20:22

However, if we completely take out any sense of progression then it'll be more annoying than anything else. I think limiting 5 level-ups to a floor is still kinda small, but expecting to maybe grow 150 levels in 3-4 years is insane. What is that, only 4 levels a month, at best? In my opinion, that's way to shallow a sense of progression. I'd also be sad to see the abilities of max level go away, to be able to fight like an anime character irl (or, at least virtual irl) was one of the things i was looking forward to. We don't have to mimic the anime exactly, and I think this should be one of the places we should change it. I can't think of a reason to have so few levels for a game expected to last this long except "that's the way it was in the anime". If anything, we might want to add more than the 500 levels, just make the stat changes even smaller so you don't end up with characters so OP they become impossible to use.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Fri 6 Mar - 12:28

I'm getting a little upset at the moment. I made this thread in an attempt to get some ACTUAL Work done on Floor 1 Otherwise Known As The game. But Nothing has happened. Who is suppose to be truly making a game out of this. In about a week or 2 i will have my destop/Workstation. It's going to take about 5 (give or take) minutes to get one of the demo maps launched on either Cryengine 3 or UE4. I don't see why absolutely no ingame progress has happened. It's like nobody is trying im sorry to say it but it's true. Get Your Rears In Gear Guys. In two weeks or so i'll be ready to start putting all of our Models into which ever engine we decide to use. Our First Video of "Gameplay" doesn't need to be fancy walking around inside an HD Map.

Sorry For The Long Aggressive Rant But I Think It's Going To Help Us Get Our Momentum Up.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 6 Mar - 12:37

We arent using any of those engines for sao- we have talked about this, and at the moment we are working, when they can- i'm making models and coding the engine for dx10(you know that lucario so dont say it seems like nothing is being done) and installing the ui on to it. Besides some of the work that's being done is a little hard to show progress on it.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Fri 6 Mar - 12:40

lucarioman555 wrote:Kirito was at no point higher than level 80, and i think we can all agree he was an absolute Powerhouse. So i don't see any reasons to why the levels should be so easily pushed into the Hundreds. The way i see it 2 years into the game we will have maybe a top player of level 70, since you know it's impossible to play 24/7 and all. So the levels require insane amounts of exp to level up. This game should take 3,4 years to complete. Seeing as people who die somewhere around the floor 40 and up will pretty much be deemed worthless on the front lines. So people will need to be careful.
    Not to be a wiseacre here but the novels state he was "above level 90". Plus in the anime he was 96 by the end of SAO.

Sorry but i'm one of those people who just have to point out details.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 6 Mar - 12:43

I've been spending as much time as I can working on different ideas for BoT and the storyline.  I haven't posted much of it because I want to make sure that all of the ideas are fully developed before i put anything out there.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Fri 6 Mar - 12:55

Akira_ wrote:We arent using any of those engines for sao- we have talked about this, and at the moment we are working, when they can- i'm making models and coding the engine for dx10(you know that lucario so dont say it seems like nothing is being done) and installing the ui on to it. Besides some of the work that's being done is a little hard to show progress on it.

Big Fishing Metaphor Fyi

You must admit that it's true it "Seems" Like nothing is being done. I'm surprised the people on the outside of the group are still here. Sure we give them some Pictures and Models ect. That's what made me bite and join. Now that I've seen all of our models and helped make a few im ready for the big juicy stuff. Actual in game footage. Walking around. Swing a freaking sword. That is what's going to send our hype through the roof. And when i see new topics on floor 3,4 and freaking 10 i get a little discombobulated. I thought we all agreed that We get a "Playable" (walk able really) Version of SAO Floor 1 done. Then we shift gears into Boltz Of Time. We can't really split up our team we need to be all working on the same thing. We need Floor 1 of aincrad Modeled, We need Playable character (Preferably Kirito to add more hype) Perhaps a sword swing animation. And of course the map. I'm not trying to be rude but when i see people working on Lost Ages and Nova.(Those Are Future Projects) I Just don't understand why they are doing that instead of our main purpose!  We need to aim all of our focus (in our free time of course) Towards making SAO Floor 1 A Reality.
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Fri 6 Mar - 13:04

Well floor 1-10s terrains have been modeled and before we do in-game footage we need the engine up and running again- and i'm trying to do that as fast i can(at the moment i don't have a desktop anymore hdd failed i think, so the only thing i can code/3d model is on my laptop that has vista-and it only supports dx9 and 10) while still giving the fans something to look forward every sunday and yeah i agree on the kirito to be used for the footage- so i will get to work on trying to model his cloths. this week, and we have 7 years to complete this so its fine if some of them are working on nova and tla.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Fri 6 Mar - 13:06

A lot of the people working on different projects are concept designers, and that's because there's almost nothing we can do for SAO. Almost everything is already done for us. When it comes to specifics in-game, we can do some stuff, but we don't even have a basic storyline for Nova yet. And Nova's going to come out only a couple of months behind Sword Art. I'm working on boltz for a similar reason. While I agree that this kind of stuff needs to be done, and I agree the forums have been getting really quiet, I don't think we need to freak out just yet. Right now, all we need to do is make sure everyone is individually doing the best work that they can do on whatever Akira has told them to do. We're at the point where there's very little results that can be shown, but that's okay. The game will come. We just need to have trust in the rest of Argus so that we can focus on doing what we were hired to do, and what I think we all want to do--to make all seven of these games the very best that they can be.
    lucarioman555
    lucarioman555
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by lucarioman555 Fri 6 Mar - 13:17

I understand that we have 7 years but i look at it the way i think only a few people look at it, I see that we ONLY Have 7 years. We not only have to make a visualy stunning 3d ( Virtual Reality could be considered 4d Just because i suppose) Game. But the game is being made from scratch. i don't see our time the same as you guys do. I see it as we have 100 Levels that are going to be very complex. Each floor not only needs Dungeons but it also need villages, towns, forests, NPC's, Ect. I think we will probably end up releasing the game will 30 or so Floors Completed, and working at a fast pace to make sure the players don't catch up to the floors we are working on. lol! So i think we really need to get the ball rolling into Working game as soon as we can then we just need to copy that skeleton 100 times with different themes, values, ect. Once floor once is playable i think everything will go along a lot smoother. Just getting a little paranoid over here Neutral

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May - 22:52