Izanagi Games

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izanagi Games is an Indie game company looking forward to developing the next gen of gaming.

Discord Servername: Izanagi Games

+6
Nomaru
Olek
Akira
Poseidon
Morpheus
tywalk98
10 posters

Floor 1 vs Floor 100

tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Floor 1 vs Floor 100 Empty Floor 1 vs Floor 100

Post by tywalk98 Sat 4 Apr - 2:56

In SAO most players stayed on the lower floors out of fear of dying. This freed up the higher floors for the people willing to fight and advance. The problem with the games design is that everyone will want to be at the top floor (since there is no risk of dying) so it doesnt make sense to make the floors smaller as you go up (you would have less space for everyone.) I would like to know how you plan to address this problem or if you see it as a problem?
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB): Worlds End

Floor 1 vs Floor 100 Empty Re: Floor 1 vs Floor 100

Post by Morpheus Sat 4 Apr - 3:34

tywalk98 wrote:In SAO most players stayed on the lower floors out of fear of dying. This freed up the higher floors for the people willing to fight and advance. The problem with the games design is that everyone will want to be at the top floor (since there is no risk of dying) so it doesnt make sense to make the floors smaller as you go up (you would have less space for everyone.) I would like to know how you plan to address this problem or if you see it as a problem?

When you die you have to start from scratch. The only things you can keep are your username and the friends. So if you're the best player and you die you have to start from lvl 1 with your starter equipment again -> not the best player anymore. And no one wants to do everything again when you were able to fight at the front lines.
    Poseidon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Poseidon Sat 4 Apr - 13:35

It's gonna take a really long time, but what happens when Floor 100 is cleared? Does the game reset?
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character
    Organization (AoNB): The Shinsengum

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 13:36

No the game just simply ends.
    Poseidon
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Poseidon Sat 4 Apr - 13:39

Okay thanks for answering Smile
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 13:40

You very welcome. Cool
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 13:43

tywalk98 wrote:In SAO most players stayed on the lower floors out of fear of dying. This freed up the higher floors for the people willing to fight and advance. The problem with the games design is that everyone will want to be at the top floor (since there is no risk of dying) so it doesnt make sense to make the floors smaller as you go up (you would have less space for everyone.) I would like to know how you plan to address this problem or if you see it as a problem?

Its not a problem ( or at least in my opinion ) as there will be people which will be scared to lose their equipment and well not everyone is a "pro" and will try getting best possible equipment before going onto the frontline so i reckon the more dangerous it will get, the less people will actually go. Also thats the way real aincrad worked and we try to stick to it as close as possible
    tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by tywalk98 Sat 4 Apr - 15:13

Akira_ wrote:No the game just simply ends.

This is a weird way for a game to end. There is virtually no marketability after a certain point in the game because new players would see it as too hard to catch up before the game is beaten. And if the game is beaten then there is no more fun in it. Unless you are intending on creating Alfheim Online.
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sat 4 Apr - 15:19

Well, we only plan on selling 10000 copies, so there will be no new players after a point. This is an attempt for an accurate recreation of SAO, so it'll have to end once beaten. Don't worry, we will have other VR games (including one that will come out only a couple of months after SAO) for anyone who doesn't get a copy or gets bored after falling too far behind the front-lines
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 15:21

Some of those other games include- 3 Nova games, The lost Ages, and a few others. (i would list there names but some still don't have a name.) but time will only tell if we do alo/ggo
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sat 4 Apr - 16:18

tywalk98 wrote:
    Akira_ wrote:No the game just simply ends.

This is a weird way for a game to end. There is virtually no marketability after a certain point in the game because new players would see it as too hard to catch up before the game is beaten. And if the game is beaten then there is no more fun in it. Unless you are intending on creating Alfheim Online.

Well.. yeah it is and i don't really like it.. i would prefer this: when the game is cleared everything is going to be deleted even your friend list and your username and only the people that took part in killing the last boss will get a special reward but no new equipment for SAO as that wouldn't be fair

but you could also think about it this way: kirito and all the other players played SAO 24/7 for 2 years and only reached the 75th floor before the game was cleared so we need at least 4 years and i don't know how many of the 10.000 players want to play it for that long
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 17:28

Well i doubt someone would waste quite a lot of money not to complete the game, but if it happens i reckon after lets say couple of months inactivity maybe block an account and allow space for someone else? just a suggestion ;p
    Immortal
    Immortal
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Immortal Sat 4 Apr - 17:35

yes i already proposed this too. Would be a really good idea
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sat 4 Apr - 17:57

Olek wrote:Well i doubt someone would waste quite a lot of money not to complete the game, but if it happens i reckon after lets say couple of months inactivity maybe block an account and allow space for someone else? just a suggestion ;p

I did waste over 200€ at an online game and i don't even think about that game anymore.

Immortal SAO wrote:yes i already proposed this too. Would be a really good idea

No it's a bad idea.
    It's a lot of money! Let's say i have a horrible accident and i have to stay in the hospital for several months. I paid a lot of money and you just take it away? Really?! You can't do that!
    That is maybe one of the rare cases but think about it. It isn't right to take something away from people who paid for it even if they don't use it.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sat 4 Apr - 17:58

TheBlackisBack wrote:
    Olek wrote:Well i doubt someone would waste quite a lot of money not to complete the game, but if it happens i reckon after lets say couple of months inactivity maybe block an account and allow space for someone else? just a suggestion ;p

I did waste over 200€ at an online game and i don't even think about that game anymore.

No it's a bad idea.
    It's a lot of money! Let's say i have a horrible accident and i have to stay in the hospital for several months. I paid a lot of money and you just take it away? Really?! You can't do that!
    That is maybe one of the rare cases but think about it. It isn't right to take something away from people who paid for it even if they don't use it.
    Point, i agree
    Silmiss
    Silmiss
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Silmiss Sat 4 Apr - 17:59

Akira_ wrote:but time will only tell if we do alo/ggo
    Idea:
    Since after SAO is beaten, everyone is unable to play it again, how about this:
    Once a race successfully climbs the world tree, ALO will keep on going and keep being updated. As it said in the anime, ALO was the popular game people went for fantasy-type games. Anyways, back to the topic: Once a race is chosen to be an ALF (or that's a lie and "unlimited flight is then granted to all fairy races [though it is still impossible to fly in dungeons]") then New Aincrad will appear in the sky. The floors on New Aincrad, however, will be unlocked each floor at a time after periods of time, regardless of the boss being beaten already (You'd have to beat the boss if you haven't, though).
    Akira
    Akira
    Admin
    Admin

Character

Post by Akira Sat 4 Apr - 18:06

Well if we were to do alo- and then new aincrad as well- NA would function like it does in sao- with just its system accounting for magic and flying.
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sat 4 Apr - 19:30

Blackisis mate first of all there would be a warning and a message sending if you dont log on until a specific time your account will get blocked
    tywalk98
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by tywalk98 Sun 5 Apr - 0:15

HourlongFall wrote:
    TheBlackisBack wrote:

No it's a bad idea.
    Point, i agree

There has to be a limit on how long they are allowed to be inactive. Maybe not a few months, but a year? You dont stop playing for a year unless you aren't interested anymore, or are trapped in another VR game. XD
    Morpheus
    Morpheus
    Old Member
    Old Member

Character

Post by Morpheus Sun 5 Apr - 4:24

Olek wrote:Blackisis mate first of all there would be a warning and a message sending if you dont log on until a specific time your account will get blocked

tywalk98 wrote: There has to be a limit on how long they are allowed to be inactive. Maybe not a few months, but a year? You dont stop playing for a year unless you aren't interested anymore, or are trapped in another VR game. XD

I agree that it probably wouldn't be too bad to make some space for new players BUT i can give you two reasons why you shouldn't do it:

1. In the Anime no new players joined when someone died and being inactive is just like death in the game because you're not there anymore.

2. It's not just about wrong or right. It's against the law. I will quote myself here:
    TheBlackisBack wrote:It isn't right to take something away from people who paid for it even if they don't use it.
    They paid for it and you take it away and that's stealing even if you're the one who sold it.

Last edited by TheBlackisBack on Sun 5 Apr - 6:08; edited 1 time in total
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sun 5 Apr - 5:24

TheBlackisBack wrote:
    Olek wrote:Blackisis mate first of all there would be a warning and a message sending if you dont log on until a specific time your account will get blocked

tywalk98 wrote: There has to be a limit on how long they are allowed to be inactive. Maybe not a few months, but a year? You dont stop playing for a year unless you aren't interested anymore, or are trapped in another VR game. XD

I agree that it probably wouldn't be too bad to make some space for new players BUT i can give you two reasons why you shouldn't do it:

1. In the Anime no new players joined when someone died and being inactive is just like death in the game because you're not there anymore.

2. It's not just about wrong or right. It's against the law. I will qoute myself here:
    TheBlackisBack wrote:It isn't right to take something away from people who paid for it even if they don't use it.
    They paid for it and you take it away and that's stealing even if you're the one who sold it.
    As selfish as it may sound, I agree. People will pay a hefty sum of money for this and if you just happen to be inactive for some reason you won't be able to play it because someone else got you're copy. Doesn't sound fair in my ears
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sun 5 Apr - 6:36

There could be a question asked if the user is still interested in playing the game and if its okay if someone takes his copy or something like this ;3
    Nomaru
    Nomaru
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by Nomaru Sun 5 Apr - 8:12

Well, what if we allow a copy of SAO to switch accounts, so to speak. Meaning you can delete all of your character data off of it then start up a new account with it. That way, if you're done with the game then you can sell it to someone else. And, if this stuff sells like I think it will, you'll get a pretty decent amount of $$$. That way, if you know you're inactive, you sell your disk and someone else pays a lot of money to play in your place.
    HourlongFall
    HourlongFall
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character

Post by HourlongFall Sun 5 Apr - 8:14

Nomaru wrote:Well, what if we allow a copy of SAO to switch accounts, so to speak.  Meaning you can delete all of your character data off of it then start up a new account with it.  That way, if you're done with the game then you can sell it to someone else.  And, if this stuff sells like I think it will, you'll get a pretty decent amount of $$$.  That way, if you know you're inactive, you sell your disk and someone else pays a lot of money to play in your place.
    If you actually sell it yourself is one thing. But if it's just taken from you it's another thing
    Olek
    Olek
    IG Team
    IG Team

Character
    Organization (AoNB):

Post by Olek Sun 5 Apr - 8:15

True good point. I agree with that thing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content